Game day differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game day differences

I would like to start a thread here that outlines some of the things that you saw @ the NU game that Made it feel like a Quality production.

For instance they used the same intro song we did (MUSE)... but it was actually a pre-intro song...

that and they had something playing on the sound system every down up until the ball was snapped (actually I believe they violate NCAA rules here, but I digress) but every play had somthing going, and every play well almost ;0 was on the instant replay.

Any other observations?

Re: Game day differences

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    (actually I believe they violate NCAA rules here, but I digress)
    I had the same thought. Music still was blaring many times after TOB got under center. Part of it I attributed to the fact that we seemed especially intent on breaking the huddle quickly, getting set at the line of scrimmage, then getting the play off. Regardless, I thought pushing the limit on the music was a BS move. Anyone know the rule?
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      I had the same thought. Music still was blaring many times after TOB got under center. Part of it I attributed to the fact that we seemed especially intent on breaking the huddle quickly, getting set at the line of scrimmage, then getting the play off. Regardless, I thought pushing the limit on the music was a BS move. Anyone know the rule?
      Well if it's anything like basketball artificial noisemakers and music are prohibitied during game play, so I would say as long as the clock is running, but I'll have to look it up

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        Gotta give them credit. If the NCAA isn't going to say or do anything, why not keep the crowd entertained until the last minute? It is better than having silence like tends to happen at CAS
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I would like to start a thread here that outlines some of the things that you saw @ the NU game that Made it feel like a Quality production.

For instance they used the same intro song we did (MUSE)... but it was actually a pre-intro song...

that and they had something playing on the sound system every down up until the ball was snapped (actually I believe they violate NCAA rules here, but I digress) but every play had somthing going, and every play well almost ;0 was on the instant replay.

Any other observations?
          The Husker Power thing was kind fo cool. seemed the fans like that one.

I would like to see the intro video played earlier then it is now. Not right before the team runs out. play it and let the cheerleaders get people making noise, GO BIG BLUE or something to get us yelling, then as they stop, as the band starts the song and the players run out. yes, yes that would do nicely.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

While I was walking around the stadium to get to my gate (isn't that a problem to have) I was handed a playing Card with the players bio on it(Prince Amukamara) . That's pretty cool. Just another one of those little things.

Comment

I'll trade you Jared Crick for Prince Amukamara.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Gotta give them credit. If the NCAA isn't going to say or do anything, why not keep the crowd entertained until the last minute? It is better than having silence like tends to happen at CAS
                That is exactly why I don't go to Skyforce games anymore. The non-stop attempt to entertain. Let the moment play itself out. Blasting noise at me to fire me up doesn't work...it just annoys me. When it's a big play the crowd will respond. Maybe occasionally giving a reminder, but not every play.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

My understanding is that the Huskervision crew ties in with their visual arts degrees and they have students that are designing all of the things that are on the scoreboards and on the sound system. What a kickass internship that would be. Its a little different then our set up unless something has changed.

Nebraska has things dialed in pretty tight. There is just a small difference in budget as well.

Soemthing tells me things will go a lot smoother at our next homegame.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Could we get the SDSU aviation students to do a flyover?

That missing man formation is cool. I've seen it with both fighters and choppers at Husker games.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      I'll trade you Jared Crick for Prince Amukamara.
                      and I think that may be a good trade... years down the road my actions may seem foolish(probably not though), but I gave that card to a 10 yr old(Nebraska fan) who was very excited to have it.

Who knows maybe he'll remember that and be the STUD @ SDSU, however I doubt it, all things are possible however.
                      Last edited by slosho; 10-01-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

The 85,500 people bring a little more energy than our 10-15k, too. I also thought the artificial noise was bothersome. Nebraska has pretty intelligent fans - let them make it. My too sense.

Comment

How about our crowd cheers as hard at home games as they did at Nebraska? That would make a difference. "Let's Go Rabbits" was louder than ever. "let's be quiet" is more like the default home chant.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                            How about our crowd cheers as hard at home games as they did at Nebraska? That would make a difference. "Let's Go Rabbits" was louder than ever. "let's be quiet" is more like the default home chant.
                            I'm with you but it usually, ends up with some old lady telling the people who are cheering to be quiet or sit down.......
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                              It's getting bad at Frost as well. You start yelling and people look at you like you're being rude. From that perspective I miss the old days.

CAS can get going when the team is playing well but it isn't where it needs to be. The difference? The people who follow the team on the road are for the most part real fans. That doesn't mean there aren't "real" fans at Frost and CAS it just means there are a lot more casual observers. They don't want to be bothered by all the noise that cheering creates.

There is nothing better than rocking an opposing stadium or gym with the "Lets go rabbits" chant.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X