Congrats from Newark, DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats from Newark, DE

I just saw the score of your game today.
    Way to go Jacks!!

Staying within 2 TD's of a Top 10 FBS team is no small feat.
    0-3 sucks for sure, there's just no 2 ways about it. But it looks like UD is much better than most thought in the preseason and the Redbirds might not be too shaby either. I know the Jacks were picked to finish 2nd in the Valley. To WHO? Yeah, SIU! Look at THEM. SIU has had a rough start as well! So keep the faith and keep your heads up.
    Still time to salvage the season and even make the playoffs. Looks like the MVFC is really up for grabs this year. SDSU, NDSU, UNI, SIU, YSU, WIU, ILSU all look like they might contend for it at this point.

Just win, baby!
    Beat UNI!

Re: Congrats from Newark, DE

Originally posted by HensRock View Post
    I just saw the score of your game today.
    Way to go Jacks!!

Staying within 2 TD's of a Top 10 FBS team is no small feat.
    0-3 sucks for sure, there's just no 2 ways about it. But it looks like UD is much better than most thought in the preseason and the Redbirds might not be too shaby either. I know the Jacks were picked to finish 2nd in the Valley. To WHO? Yeah, SIU! Look at THEM. SIU has had a rough start as well! So keep the faith and keep your heads up.
    Still time to salvage the season and even make the playoffs. Looks like the MVFC is really up for grabs this year. SDSU, NDSU, UNI, SIU, YSU, WIU, ILSU all look like they might contend for it at this point.

Just win, baby!
    Beat UNI!
    Congrats on your win over Richmond as well. Andrew Pierce really looks to be the real deal.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Another Delaware fan here ... based on the score and the write-up at ESPN, it sounds like your guys put up a heck of a fight!

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'll be cheering along the rest of the way (unless we see you in the playoffs, of course!)

Comment

Thanks to the Hens fans for the well wishes. It sucks to be 0-3 but we'll see next weekend and if the Jacks can play like they did today and find a way to beat UNI then all of the season goals are still in play.

Lets go Rabbits!
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

WOW....is all I can say.

I figured this would be one ugly game for the Jacks but when I heard the score at the Bison game.....at first it sounded like 77-3 but no......17-3.

Great job.......go kick UNI's a**!!!

Comment

I have to say after spending the last hour reading countless articles about how bad nebraska was against a quote 'scrappy' South Dakota State, it feels great to come back to a SDSU friendly page and read about the good things that happened. Thanks to all the Hens fans and their support. I'm proud of how the jacks played and with a couple of controversial call by the zebra club taken out of the picture (along with the replay booth having technical difficulties so they couldnt review minett's second dive which was clearly in the endzone), this game could've been closer. I think the coaching staff is all finally on the same page, and the defense got the spark its needed since game one. Congrats to the Jacks!
            GO BIG,GO BLUE, GO JACKS!

Comment

My thanks and well wishes to the Delaware Hens.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowerDel View Post
                Another Delaware fan here ... based on the score and the write-up at ESPN, it sounds like your guys put up a heck of a fight!

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'll be cheering along the rest of the way (unless we see you in the playoffs, of course!)
                Congrats to the Hens. I have to say, after what you did yesterday to Richmond I'm feeling a lot better about the opening day loss to our friends in the CAA.

Comment

Yes, congrats back to the Blue Hens. Looks like your team may be the cream of the CAA this year.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by AirForceJack View Post
                    I have to say after spending the last hour reading countless articles about how bad nebraska was against a quote 'scrappy' South Dakota State
                    ESPN's writeup & the sports editor @ the Journal Star both mentioned the controversial touchdowns.

Huskers.com talked about the Blackshirts taking care of business, and I thought, "more like the black and white shirts".

Srsly, though, it's about the only loss this season where the team should hit practice feeling like they SHOULD have won, like they deserved to win.

Nebraska punted 6 times--as many times as they punted in the first three games combined. Their 3rd down conversion rate was no better than SDSU's.

And every team on Nebraska's schedule should be sending Stig a thank-you card for finally giving them some useful Nebraska game film.

However, it's still a loss and the Jacks are still 0-3 and need to go 7-1 the rest of the way. There's almost no margin for error left if they want to get back to the playoffs.

Comment

Would have been nice to see someone have the gut's to print something along these lines:

"Some highly underrated kids from D1-AA newcomer South Dakota State University struck fear into the hart of husker nation by their quality of play and execution"

"That fact was made evident by the crowd's need to cheer loudly on 3rd downs @ the end of the fourth quarter against a team they (had been) 38 point favorites over"

"Oh and don't forget that the underdog drove down the field on the first possession and scored (two) touchdowns that the referees were not willing to give them. (proof was in the replay on TV)"

"basically every husker fan owes this reffing crew a $20 bill as a bonus for their blatant attempt to keep the corn-huskers relevant in the national title picture."

In all honesty I feel like Stig. the ref's were fantastic well other then the second try at the TD on the first call. I think we got in. but it was one of those plays if they would have called it the other way on the field.. they wouldn't have been able to over rule it.. (well of course because it WAS a TD...)

Comment

Working...
                      X