This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tight end

You might think that makes the te a smart player but in this case you are wrong. Especially over the past 4 years when half of the offensive practice is designed to correct the mental errors the te's make and stop practice to show them where to line up. And anyone can get separation on 5 yd routes against a lb when they are dropping into coverage. Im talking about the ppl blowing him and wanting to split him out wide like sdsu did 2 years ago against SIU.....watch the film...couldnt get off a cb jam and get downfield so they took him out of the 4 wr sets, good try though cochart fan club member.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
      You might think that makes the te a smart player but in this case you are wrong. Especially over the past 4 years when half of the offensive practice is designed to correct the mental errors the te's make and stop practice to show them where to line up. And anyone can get separation on 5 yd routes against a lb when they are dropping into coverage. Im talking about the ppl blowing him and wanting to split him out wide like sdsu did 2 years ago against SIU.....watch the film...couldnt get off a cb jam and get downfield so they took him out of the 4 wr sets, good try though cochart fan club member.
      not cocharts fault though when we line him out on a corner and he is expected to get open like we did with him out in Delaware. DB just simply came up and batted the ball away. That kind of stuff makes me want to throw up!

Comment

not cocharts fault though when we line him out on a corner and he is expected to get open like we did with him out in Delaware. DB just simply came up and batted the ball away. That kind of stuff makes me want to throw up!

Comment

What's with all the negativity towards Cochart? Unless my memory fails me, he personally has never come out and declared himself 1) an NFL prospect, 2) the best TE ever, 3) the best option for the passing game, 4) the second coming put here to single-handedly win games for our team. Whether you are a fan of him or not, I don't think he deserves the derisive comments heading his way in this thread. Second guessing the coaching decisions is part of the business. Questioning the effort of our players is part of the business. However, personally attacking a player on our team is out of bounds. Anyone feel free to send me a comment or an email to my email account if you feel otherwise. My email address is gdw@gruber-law.com.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Who cares?

There are so many issues with this team at this point, I can't believe we are arguing about this.

Throwing to Cochart 15 times per game isn't the answer to what ails this TEAM.

Benching Cochart isn't the answer to what ails this TEAM.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Bunny backer its obvious you don't like tight ends or Cochart. You have a problem. Maybe you should look at the top 5 FCS TE RANKINGS below.

We continue to roll out sneak peaks at our 2011 Prospectus with the top 10 FCS TEs. Each day between now and the release we will post a brief exert of the content.

Don't forget that you can order the 2011 Prospectus by CLICKING HERE!

Enjoy!

TIGHT ENDS
              1. Stephen Skelton, Fordham, Sr.
              2. Ben Jorden, Appalachian State, Jr.
              3. Schuylar Oordt, Northern Iowa, Sr.
              4. Colin Cochart, South Dakota State, Sr.
              5. Alex Sellars, The Citadel, Sr.
              Now why don't you critize or Bash the TE's and Cochart somemore, Mr. think you know it all. FCS Top 5 TEs Written by Admin Sunday, 13 June 2010 04:17
              We continue to roll out sneak peaks at our 2011 Prospectus with the top 10 FCS TEs. Each day between now and the release we will post a brief exert of the content.

Don't forget that you can order the 2011 Prospectus by CLICKING HERE!

Enjoy!

TIGHT ENDS
              1. Stephen Skelton, Fordham, Sr.
              2. Ben Jorden, Appalachian State, Jr.
              3. Schuylar Oordt, Northern Iowa, Sr.
              4. Colin Cochart, South Dakota State, Sr.
              5. Alex Sellars, The Citadel,

Comment

Well, this has gotten ridiculous in a hurry. Catchem needs to make another (better) attempt to kill this thread.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Well, this has gotten ridiculous in a hurry. Catchem needs to make another (better) attempt to kill this thread.
                  If Catchem wont I will. Its the girls who sell the programs fault. They were no where to be found before the game. This an obvious attempt at humor, Cochart, who name I finally learned to pronounce will not be with us after this seaon. Lets enjoy him while he is here.
                  If Cochart shows up on the screen on Sundays, then will the negative guys be their to cheer him on or will they continue to find fault.

Comment

OK, let me try again with the correct html tags in place:

<sarcasm>Oh, on topic. TE's, they are generally the best athletes and smartest players on the football field since they must block, catch passes, run with the ball, go in motion, line up on either the right or left side of the formation, line up in multiple formations, and, if it happens, try to tackle a defensive player should their be an interception. And I am in no way biased in this opinion. <sarcasm/>

I played TE so I am therefore extremely supportive of players at that position, but also SDSU players as a whole. Can we all just move on from this topic and focus on the next game. There are plenty of players not playing up to their ability as evidence by what's happened the first two weeks. Let it rest.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I was considering bringing pie to the next home game, but then I realized I may not carry it correctly, or arrive too early/ late, it may not be the right kind of pie, I may cut it incorrectly, perhaps it should have been served warm or a-la mode, perhaps someone in Delaware makes better pie, I might not have enough pie, my pie efforts may be lacking, I might drop the pie on an easy route when the pie was delivered to me correctly, someone may intercept my pie... but i PIEgress...

Seriously though "the Pie Lady" at the Vivan junction restaurant is well know for the excellent from scratch pies she makes (personally I think the Mixed berry is the best, but they are all pretty spectacular)
                      I drive to SF from Pierre to get to the games, so anyone who would want to try one of these pies, (they are usually 12.50 or under) PM me and we could arrange a delivery to the next home game.. trust me they are fantastic!

Comment

It isn't our TE's fault that our punter cannot put the ball inside the 5 yard line on every kick. how is a team supposed to compete when the opposition consistantly only has 80 yards to drive.

While we are at it. The kick-offs need to be higher.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          I was considering bringing pie to the next home game, but then I realized I may not carry it correctly, or arrive too early/ late, it may not be the right kind of pie, I may cut it incorrectly, perhaps it should have been served warm or a-la mode, perhaps someone in Delaware makes better pie, I might not have enough pie, my pie efforts may be lacking, I might drop the pie on an easy route when the pie was delivered to me correctly, someone may intercept my pie... but i PIEgress...

Seriously though "the Pie Lady" at the Vivan junction restaurant is well know for the excellent from scratch pies she makes (personally I think the Mixed berry is the best, but they are all pretty spectacular)
                          I drive to SF from Pierre to get to the games, so anyone who would want to try one of these pies, (they are usually 12.50 or under) PM me and we could arrange a delivery to the next home game.. trust me they are fantastic!
                          I really thought this was gonna do the trick... sorry I failed...

Comment

OK moderators...have a piece of pie and then kill this thread...puleeze.

Comment

Uuummmmm rhubarb-strawberry!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X