Tailgating at NU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgating at NU

I strongly recommend stopping by the Sidetrack bar sometime before the game on Saturday...even, say, three hours early. The house band will be playing and the customers will be laughing. I promise it. And the band might even call you up on stage to sing Ring the Bells. Do it...DO IT!
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Either before or after, the Sidetrack is not to be missed!

Comment

If youre hitting town tomorrow night, dont wait till saturday to hit the Sidetrack. It will be roaring tomorrow night too. Cmon in, sing your fight song, stay awhile. For all of you who are at the Embassy, there is a big party out back on the loading dock. 32oz beers for $7 and live music. They have some food out there as well. The only real tailgating takes place in private lots or down near the stadium. Just make sure you pour your beers into cups. Dont just stand around with a can or bottle in your hand. They are extremely anal about that down here. Hope y'all have a terrific time. Safe travels to all. GO BIG RED!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I got us in for sure this time. I am stoked for this. What are most people wearing? Blue or Yellow? I am thinking yellow shirt and hoody and blue SDSU hat. I suppose Blue would be a little easier to pick out of the sea of red.
          Hey guys (and gals) GO BIG...GO BLUE...GO JACKS!!!

Comment

How is parking around the stadium? Is it a complete zoo or is it fairly easy to find spots within walking distance of the party? What time would you recommend going to beat the huge rush?

Comment

Since it is a 6 pm game the rush won't be as bad because it will be spread out throughout the day. Still very unlikely to park close to the stadium though. I always just park in a parking garage downtown, go to the bars for awhile, and then walk to the stadium. Maybe a 6 or 7 block walk. Depending on how you go the walk to the stadium will take you by the Embassy Suites and they have a big outside party area open to the public on their property. I think they call it the Dock. There is a band, beer, etc. Its a good primer before going to the stadium.

All of the close parking lots are reserved for donors. But there are lots of outlying places to park, you just have to walk a ways. If you want to have your own tailgate just do it wherever you park. (You obviously can't tailgate if you park in a parking garage). Expect to pay about $10 to $15 to park. If you drink beer make sure you put it in a plastic cup. Cops are very picky about this. Since the stadium is on campus and near downtown there is not a huge parking lot around it for tailgating like an NFL stadium. So tailgating is very spread out all over the place and not really in one central area.

I am a Husker season ticket holder by the way and go to several games a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Hey guys (and gals) GO BIG...GO BLUE...GO JACKS!!!
                Good point, but the school song Yellow and Blue. I think I wil take both a Blue and Yellow Hoodie, and decide before the game. I just hope SDSU fans are not wearing White anything. It will get lost with the red and white of NEB.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

One of my favorite things to do at the Husker tailgates is to walk around and check out the RVs and other tailgating vehicles. They are amazing. Most have the big screens with Saturday games being played and all the amenities you can imagine. Also, most of the owners love to show them off and take care of you while they do so. Be ready for some serious hospitality and enjoy the experience. It's what tailgating should be all about.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    How is parking around the stadium? Is it a complete zoo or is it fairly easy to find spots within walking distance of the party? What time would you recommend going to beat the huge rush?
                    The stadium is located right in downtown Lincoln, so there is not a large parking lot(s) for folks to park in. The lots right next to the stadium are reserved for boosters and season ticket holders. There are parking garages in downtown Lincoln, or you can park at the baseball complex (Haymarket Park) or in any number of residential areas near the stadium. It'll probably cost you $10 to $15 to park for the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X