Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intro Video

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Good ideas. As for space, I suppose the bell could be mounted on some kind of cart and pulled off to the corner of the endzone during the game.
    The bell could be permanently mounted on the outdoor viewing deck in front of the big windows.

Comment

I'm getting too into this.

Inflatable Sports Tunnels
      http://www.bigproductionsinc.com/sport_tunnels.htm
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

A friend of mine I and have been working on the Bell issue.. We have been trying to keep this under wraps for the time being... we have not received official word from the university that we would be able to bring it in..

Our idea was to have the cheer team strike the bell just prior to leading the team on the field.

Currently our prototype weighs in at about 250 some pounds, and is approximately 4" tall and is made of 3/16" welded steel.

We are looking for people to volunteer on this project as it is expensive for just 2 guys.
        If we have this made, we will need to paint it and letter it (I was thinking Vinyal lettering and automotive paint), and build a clapper (prolly just going to hang like a 12# kettle ball).

Also if someone would like perform an FEA (Finite Element Analysis)to find the harmonics (I Think this can be done.. I'm an EE not a ME), I would be glad to send you the file in solid works format so perhaps the dimensions could be tweaked to increase tone and amplitude..

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          also if somone would like perform an FEA to find the harmonics, I would be glad to send you the file in solid works format so perhaps the deminsions could be tweeked to increas tone and amplitude..

Thoughts?
          Huh? What the eff is he talking about?

That was my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

That was my thought.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_element_method

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

That was my thought.
              Let me try to put it into our terms

"We want bell to have purty ding."
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

Thanks SoDakJack, that made me smile, and it is exactly what that means.

Without any simulation we're throwing the dice on sound.

Comment

Thanks SoDakJack, that made me smile, and it is exactly what that means.

Without any simulation we're throwing the dice on sound.
                  They could just have a canned bell sound that plays as the person "rings the bell." Think of it as the Milli Vanilli effect.

Comment

A friend of mine I and have been working on the Bell issue.. We have been trying to keep this under wraps for the time being... we have not received official word from the university that we would be able to bring it in..

Our idea was to have the cheer team strike the bell just prior to leading the team on the field.

Currently our prototype weighs in at about 250 some pounds, and is approximately 4" tall and is made of 3/16" welded steel.

We are looking for people to volunteer on this project as it is expensive for just 2 guys.
                    If we have this made, we will need to paint it and letter it (I was thinking Vinyal lettering and automotive paint), and build a clapper (prolly just going to hang like a 12# kettle ball).

Also if someone would like perform an FEA (Finite Element Analysis)to find the harmonics (I Think this can be done.. I'm an EE not a ME), I would be glad to send you the file in solid works format so perhaps the dimensions could be tweaked to increase tone and amplitude..

Thoughts?
                    If the athletic department won't let you bring it into the stadium, take it into tailgating and charge $1 to ring it. Put up a big sign that reads "ALL PROCEEDS GO TO JACKRABBIT ATHLETICS"
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Sank you, sank you very muuuch!!

Comment

We should take a page from Colorado and Texas. We need to find the biggest jackrabbit in the area, throw some reins on it, and run with it in front of the players.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                          I'm getting too into this.

Inflatable Sports Tunnels
                          http://www.bigproductionsinc.com/sport_tunnels.htm
                          Cool. Even ISU-Blue has one:

We need one about twice as long as that.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It's fun to think about these fixes, but one thing I'm not worried about is whether the Athletic Department staff will solve this stuff before the Beef Bowl.

They'll get it cleaned up.

Most of the problems involved timing and, from what I gather, some of that was out of their hands. Anyway, timing is a pretty easy fix.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

We should take a page from Colorado and Texas. We need to find the biggest jackrabbit in the area, throw some reins on it, and run with it in front of the players.
                              Can we put a squirrel with a cowboy hat and chaps on top of the Jackrabbit?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                Can we put a squirrel with a cowboy hat and chaps on top of the Jackrabbit?
                                Or borrow wiplash the cowboy monkey and have him ride a rabbit instead. He was there a few years ago which was pretty awesome.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X