X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska vs SDSU

A look-alike thread...of the Jacks.

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...-a-like-thread
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

i think the look-a-like threads are hilarious...but, never much interest in getting them going on SDSUfan.com.

Comment

Great article featuring Matt Einspahr at www.omaha.com .

It is titled "NU Challenge Almost Like a Bowl".

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
          Great article featuring Matt Einspahr at www.omaha.com .

It is titled "NU Challenge Almost Like a Bowl".

Mike, I'm not finding it. Could you post the actual article link if there is one?

Thanks Mike!!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Nevermind...I got it!

http://www.omaha.com/article/2010092...st-like-a-bowl

That is a great article!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              i think the look-a-like threads are hilarious...but, never much interest in getting them going on SDSUfan.com.
              The Kid-N-Play one with General Parnell is hilarious.

Comment

Some were pretty funny.

Any word on what the weather is going to be like in Lincoln?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Gameday forecast

Another source says:
                  Saturday
                  Partly sunny with chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Saturday Night and Sunday
                  Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Highs in the upper 60s.

Yet another source says:
                  • 75°
                  • 50°

PARTLY SUNNY, 30% CH. PM SHOWERS
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Nevermind...I got it!

http://www.omaha.com/article/2010092...st-like-a-bowl

That is a great article!

Go Jacks!!
                    It was a nice article, I especially like the fact that they could have taken a photo of Main Street, facing the other way, to show the Historic Downtown, with the new renovations and the Pride marching downtown - a block long in their colors. Instead, let's show what bumkins we are with an elevator in the background and the cows dancing on Main Street for Hobo Days.

Comment

From the Huskerweatherman on Huskermax.com

Tuesday's forecast:

Nebraska vs SDSU Game Day Weather Forecast -- MAJOR CHANGES POSSIBLE -- see update
                      6:00PM CDT Kickoff... first autumn game of 2010...

Just a brief version now... will refine and detail this by Thursday.

That said, this appears to be a very easy forecast. (Huskerthill had a pretty reasonable guess on another thread.)

Saturday afternoon's high temperature will be between 74 and 80°... quite likely dry... quite likely a fair amount of sunshine (no worse than partly cloudy). One model does suggest an isolated rain shower -- but the odds are against it (no more than a 20% chance, and I'd downplay it quite a bit from there). By 6PM, the temperature will be in the low 70s then 60s from the 2nd quarter until the end of the game (around 60° at 9-10PM) and upper 50s for the post-game. Winds do not appear to be a significant factor.

MAJOR CHANGE TO THE FORECAST -- SEE POST #3

Today's (Thursday) update:

Thursday PM Update -- POTENTIAL SIGNIFICANT CHANGE
                      What looked like high, dry, and beautiful for Saturday has changed drastically in the past couple of days....

The models are increasingly adamant on developing an upper level low over the Central Plains Saturday before is shift southeast into the Mid-Mississippi Valley for Sunday.

Before I pinpoint this, I'd like one more day to get a close look at this... but for now, 70 to 75° for a high looks more likely -- 60s for much of the first half of the game and trending into the 50s late in the game. Some scattered rain showers are increasingly likely in the area that afternoon/evening.

I'll update this tomorrow (Friday).

This guy is usually pretty reliable. Have to check tomorow and see what he says.

Comment

The forecast keeps deteriorating...many local Lincoln sites say 65 degrees on Saturday, mostly cloudy, with 60% chance of rain.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Maybe we can pull the demons of that one wisconson team taht shall remain nameless and have a wet field to level the playing field. To bad its not real turf so it gets torn up and muddy.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wish I could be wrong a majority of the time in my line of work and still have a job.

How do you go from 81 and sunny(accuweather) to this in three days? I guess my rain gear will be packed.

Went from shorts and tee-shirt to bring everything!!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

I'm so happy Stu is going now. I think I'll just burn the paper Sunday before reading it. Maybe Zim will write the story. Fingers crossed.

We'll miss you TV. All 5000 Jacks fans in Lincoln Saturday should have a moment of silence for the Vandrovec family. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                I'm so happy Stu is going now. I think I'll just burn the paper Sunday before reading it. Maybe Zim will write the story. Fingers crossed.

We'll miss you TV. All 5000 Jacks fans in Lincoln Saturday should have a moment of silence for the Vandrovec family. Seriously.
                                Stu would spin that to be a moment of silence for our team or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X