GDT Delaware BlueHens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT Delaware BlueHens

Tough start and game for SDSU, I'm sure that you are better then appeared yesterday. Best of luck the rest of the way. The win may have been very costly for UD, as QB Devlin may have a fracture of the non throwing wrist/arm. UD is mum on the possible injury, but if Devlin goes down for any length ot time, UD's season may go down with him, as the backups are young and totally inexperienced.

Comment

Stick a fork in it. It's done! Delaware beat us hands down, time to stop waxing poetically about it. It's already the past. Time to move on...just like the team needs to. Prepare for this week's home game against Ill. St.. 1-0 every week!!!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        Stick a fork in it. It's done! Delaware beat us hands down, time to stop waxing poetically about it. It's already the past. Time to move on...just like the team needs to. Prepare for this week's home game against Ill. St.. 1-0 every week!!!
        Agreed, its time to hand the Blue hens a feather so that they can wear it proudly for until we meet again. Next on the agenda is Cardinal feathers, lets go get some.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
          I agree that Kool and Tiefenthaler need to be opposite of each other. I believe they are currently playing the same WR position so something needs to be done there. We need to have as much speed on the field as possible. It was obvious yesterday that Delawares safeties were keying on the run- we have no one in the slot fast enough to pressure them deep so they just sit there and key Minnett. It was frustrating to watch. Defensively our d line got blown off the ball 250 some odd rushing yards to our 25 OUCH
          I'm not on the Tiefenthaler bandwagon. I don't think any of us have seen enough to make a sound judgement on him. Once you see him in person you will see his physical stature makes him look like a high school player out there compared to the rest of the college guys. I hope I'm wrong but his limited size is going to hinder him no matter how fast he gets. At this point his ability/potential just might be our best option but it would be a good idea to find some better options.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            I'm not on the Tiefenthaler bandwagon. I don't think any of us have seen enough to make a sound judgement on him. Once you see him in person you will see his physical stature makes him look like a high school player out there compared to the rest of the college guys. I hope I'm wrong but his limited size is going to hinder him no matter how fast he gets. At this point his ability/potential just might be our best option but it would be a good idea to find some better options.
            Like everything else time will tell. Have u watched some of the UNI Wr's over the past few years? How bout Johnny Gray who torched us a couple of yrs ago in Cedar Falls- he was 168 lbs but could scoot and make plays. Football players do not have to be huge to be successful.

Comment

The game did not go as expected but you guys have nothing to be down about. As I see it the O and D line play was the big difference. They played so much better then the previous week. Devlin was no where near his usual sharp self. Not sure why, possibly the left arm injury but we won't know until later. Hope those fans that made the trip were treated well as your team and coach are a class act. Good luck on the rest of the season and kick some redbird butt

Comment

Originally posted by henduster View Post
                The game did not go as expected
                Oh well, at least my *imaginary* team is doing well this week.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  While I agree that it might be too early to judge, I would also say that a speedy should never be underestimated.

Randy Moss wasn't much of an intimidating physical presence during his days at Marshall, but the whole speed thing seemed to work out pretty well for him.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Priddy really punted the ball well. On to the next game.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldhen View Post
                      Impressed with your comments, NoVaJack.

I agree. Don't know if that 'step slow' is a short term problem or chronic. I'm inclined to think the travel had something to do with it.

We get real good blocking from those slow receivers most times. They're big kids, and can usually hang with LB's blocking for running plays. Our tackles, who have gotten a TON of criticism, played much better than last year.

I was perplexed by that. Your QB has a big gun, but your coach didn't seem to shoot it.

See my previous comment. I think TOB is a good young 'un, and he'll make some noise before he graduates.

Absolutely. I thought the second half was a much better reflection of the two teams. I think we went very conservative on O after halftime, but y'all played much better on O and D

I'm not ready to say our OL issues are history, but that looked like a different group than last year, despite the fact it was the same kids. I'm pleasantly surprised, and last year's UD film might have been very misleading.

Too conservative by half, particularly with your QB's potential.

See my comments about our OL. That said, it's been a common perception among the UD faithful that we run a spread in name only. KC Keeler wants us to build a team identity of a physical team that will ram the ball down your throat. We've actually had that kind of team before, and maybe have it now. Don't confuse 'offense' with 'game plan'. Yesterday we were quite conservative, actually, but there's a lot more to the O that we didn't see.

Devlin's seemed a bit out of sync this year so far, and the passing game still isn't up to snuff. I think part of that is that it's been de-emphasized while KC tries to get the running game where he wants it.

Like I said, he's going to make some noise. Kid was obviously edgy to start, but settled down and played pretty well. I think the whole issue with him was that you were forced out of your gameplan and away from your strengths. I'm sure he expected to be handing it off a zillion times, and ended up on center stage. Had some clunkers, no doubt, but I think he's got really good potential.

No thanks. You get your OL issues fixed (biggest problem I saw) you'll be back on track. If you guys had started off the first half the way you played in the second half, it might have been a different game.

Where in NoVa?

Classy post, right on point...
                      Alexandria...

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Randy Moss wasn't much of an intimidating physical presence during his days at Marshall, but the whole speed thing seemed to work out pretty well for him.
                        I'll have to disagree with you there. His physical presence WAS impressive. It wasn't his speed, it was his hieight and vertical leaping ability. We played Marshall in the playoffs and no one could cover Moss, even if they were right in front of him! That 1996 Marshall team was probably the most dominant in the history of I-AA/FCS.

Yes, he had great speed, but 6-4 WR's were not as common back then as they are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                          Top football squads in South Dakota:

1. USD - the way they beat a Big 10 team today puts them heads above everyone else.

2. USF - #1 in the country in NAIA says alot for their team.

3. Washington HS - They might be able to beat quite a few of the area college teams.

4. SDSU - We sure didn't look very good today.
                          Congratulations on your shiny new one-month ban for smack in a non-smack section.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Most of the posters from Delaware have been very positive posters (welcome to the board). Nice to see quality posters from the competition on the forum.

I do think a warm up game would have been beneficial to SDSU. Not saying we would have won, but let the offense and defense 'practice' against someone before such a big game. The O-line and D-line just didn't seem to gel together and a 'warm-up' game. I guess we will see what the coaches do to make corrections before this weekends home game.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Going to generally agree with the observations of NoVAJack, and OldHen. UDel looked like a team that will make the play-offs, and with a game under its belt (vs Jacks). Jacks did all the possible first game blunders, and a good team used the Jacks decisively for that.

Unfortunately, Jacks have been, and continue to be a run based offensive team. Jacks are predicably that kind of team. If Jacks are going to beat Del., Montana, we need to see a greater unpredictibility play choices. Jacks were extremely predictable on the play calling.

The freight train sized holes for UD's 30 made it easy for the Blue Hens to rub our nose in what should have been a Jacks strength. The Jacks O-line were beat. Badly. Thank goodness Priddy performed well. His third (or 4th) quarter punt was phenomenal.

I would like to say that the Del fans were very friendly, football knowledgeable, and enthusiastic supporters of their Blue Hens. The tailgaters were numerous, and sharing. The "Tub" is a two-sided Coughlin + endzones, but the audience participated well.

Thanks to 89's work, the SDSU Alumni bash turned out well, and I had a GREAT time talking with MANY followers. I was surprised that so many of them did not know about this fan board. Hopefully, more of them will be here in the near future.

Other than the Jacks performance on the field, I had a REALLY great time in Newark. And I would readily go there again to see another game.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                                Going to generally agree with the observations of NoVAJack, and OldHen. UDel looked like a team that will make the play-offs, and with a game under its belt (vs Jacks). Jacks did all the possible first game blunders, and a good team used the Jacks decisively for that.

Unfortunately, Jacks have been, and continue to be a run based offensive team. Jacks are predicably that kind of team. If Jacks are going to beat Del., Montana, we need to see a greater unpredictibility play choices. Jacks were extremely predictable on the play calling.

The freight train sized holes for UD's 30 made it easy for the Blue Hens to rub our nose in what should have been a Jacks strength. The Jacks O-line were beat. Badly. Thank goodness Priddy performed well. His third (or 4th) quarter punt was phenomenal.

I would like to say that the Del fans were very friendly, football knowledgeable, and enthusiastic supporters of their Blue Hens. The tailgaters were numerous, and sharing. The "Tub" is a two-sided Coughlin + endzones, but the audience participated well.

Thanks to 89's work, the SDSU Alumni bash turned out well, and I had a GREAT time talking with MANY followers. I was surprised that so many of them did not know about this fan board. Hopefully, more of them will be here in the near future.

Other than the Jacks performance on the field, I had a REALLY great time in Newark. And I would readily go there again to see another game.
                                I don't care how predictable a team is, if they have the personnel and execute, they are difficult to stop. See Nebraska in the mid 90's.

With that being said, either our execution or personnel (or both) was severly lacking on Saturday. Hopefully things will improve going forward.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X