Fbs vs fcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fbs vs fcs

The 1st week of the season was great. The big 1A schools that schedule the 1AA schools had a few surprises didn't they. Congrats to all the upset winners and even though I don't believe there is such a thing as a moral victory, good job to those that made a good showing. I watched many of the games in their entirety and was particularly pleased with the outcome of the NDSU win over Kansas and the Jacksonville State win over Old Miss. These wins add credence to my feeling that there isn't a great degree of the caliber of play between the 2 divisions. I won't go simple and try and say they match up well with the top echelon schools in the top say 30 teams of FBS but I think that the top schools in the best conferences would perform well with the rest of the biggies. Take App St, Montana, SIU, SDSU,NIU, Villanova,JMU, Richmond, New Hampshire, McNeese and Georgia Southern and add in a few more like my own team Delaware who has had a good record against Temple, Navy etc. and I believe that they could hold their own. Hope I didn't slight anybody by leaving their school off the list so if anyone cares to add their selections to the list feel free to have at it. Let me carry it one step further and get really off the wall and say there are some Division 2 and 3 schools that will give FCS schools a fit.

Re: Fbs vs fcs

Temple beating Villanova has been called an upset--and I think that kind of shows how things have changed over the past few years.

Comment

I think you're right on in your assesment of the two Div 1 sub-divisions.Welcome to the board by the way!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome to the board. I see that Weber State and Eastern Washington didn't fare too badly against tough opponents. The Eagles probably would have made it closer had they been playing at home because they could have blinded them with the RED TURF. A couple of other FCS teams that deserve mention are S. Carolina St which is better then their playoff results show because they get matched up with some of the better teams in the region like App State or Wm and Mary in the first round and Wofford for the same reason although they appear to be rebuilding this year. The Moccasins almost pulled off the big upset but couldn't hold off the Mountaineers. IMHO one of the upcoming teams for the future is Southern Utah. The Thunderbirds have a great reciever. Getting back to serious business, Saturday's game in Newark is the greatest thing since sliced bread and with all the hype and anticipation from both schools, I sure hope it lives up to expectations. Thanks for the friendliness of the Jack fans on this board and I will be following you guys for the rest of the season regardless of the outcome Saturday. Good luck for the remainder of your schedule and hopefully we can meet again in the playoffs. GO HENS

Comment

Whoever loses Sat. will want the winner to do very well the rest of the season,so the loss will be tolerated more by those who pick play off teams.Hoping we win, but wishing your team the best the rest of the way.

Comment

I still think the gap is quite large. If it wasn't, FCS schools would win more than a handful of games a year against FBS teams. In recent years, there are plenty of awful FBS teams that destroyed the best FCS teams in the land.

Comment

Working...
            X