Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sioux Falls Scrimmage

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Crawford had an odd hitch in his arm motion, as I recall. Thomas seems to have a pretty normal arm, based on a few passing plays at the scrimmage, but he's got to be more careful about where he throws. TOB just has a super strong arm, which can get him into trouble at times because he'll try to throw into really tight coverage. I think the Jacks will be OK, overall, at QB if the young O-line can protect. I wish that Loetzer was on the team to add depth this year so that Sumner definitely could be redshirted. Maybe Loetzer will be back next year.
    I sincerely doubt that Lotzer will be back and not showing up this year sends a strong message and the coaches won't want him back.

Comment

Re: Sioux Falls Scrimmage

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      This hits it on the head. They can dial up out routes for the receivers for TOB, but not JT. JT's arm and poor vision resulted in 3 int's that would have went back the other way.

TOB's int was pretty poor too. Trying to fit it in double coverage, was not smart. Jeske made a good grab too. I just hope he doesn't try to rely on his arm too much and be like the QB for my pro team...Jay Cutler. I know it seems to be a simple throw, but TOB's tosses out to the RB's are always right on target, crisp and are very effective plays. Would have liked to see more of Tiefenthaler in the mix. They tried a couple of times to get it to him, but he was covered well. Use the speed we all hear about.

The O-line was decent, but not great. The D-line was better, I think.

But I think this defense is going to be right up there again. I know they're trying to make up for the losses in the LB's. I wouldn't worry about that crew at all. The secondary, both first team and second team covered the receivers pretty well. I would still like to see Conrad in there, but life beyond football is more important than anything.

I would say that the key thing I took out of this practice is what was stated before. TOB has to stay upright and healthy. Or we may see Sumner sooner than we all thought.
      I agree- need to use the speed. 5-10 yard out patterns simply won't get it done vs. real good teams. Need a game breaker that can go deep.

Comment

Working...
      X