The Jackrabbit Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Jackrabbit Journey

I don't know how to post it, but Robb (Casey's brother) posted a picture on facebook with Casey standing in front of the "Brookings 5 Miles" sign.

The adventure is almost over.

Great job, Casey.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
      I don't know how to post it, but Robb (Casey's brother) posted a picture on facebook with Casey standing in front of the "Brookings 5 Miles" sign.

The adventure is almost over.

Great job, Casey.
      I know that sign. It's the one just outside of Volga.

Comment

Casey made it. I picture of him is now posted on facebook of him in Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Comment

I met Casey and two companions walking maybe 3 miles from Brookings today about 11:00. I assume he is resting at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I met Casey and two companions walking maybe 3 miles from Brookings today about 11:00. I assume he is resting at this point.
            Probably got the dogs sitting in a warm tub of epsom salts.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              Yeah I would think so, I hope this walk does not result in permenant damage to feet or any other noticeable set back. Thank you very much Casey. I did honk and wave when I met him. Got a wave back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Had a chance to walk with Casey for a little while today. Drove over to Lake Preston (my hometown) and found him about three miles west of town. He's in good spirits (after a very grueling 42 mile walk Wednesday from Miller to Huron (that means about 14 hours at 3 mph)! Also talked to Mike Burgers tonight and he says about $8,500 has been donated (Casey was hoping for $13,000 or so, which is a full one-year scholarship.) Heck of a challenge and a heck of a job. GO CASEY, GO JACKS!!
                I just added 100 bucks through the foundation website. My thoughts were that I had "given at the office" more than once, but after seeing Casey and companions heading toward the home stretch, I could not help but dig a little deeper.

I am sure they will be holding this purpose open for a while and will be happy to receive more contributions. If you read the Coyote board, there is reved up talk about joining the Howling Pack, and even a suggestion that Jack fans could do so. My advice is don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  Visited with Casey and Robbie for a minute tailgating. Casey was his usual smiley self. He was in really good spirits and he didn't looked good. Didn't look beat up at all. Robbie walked the last twenty miles with him and he was complaining he was sore.

Comment

Nice job Casey! I talked to a lot of people about your Journey and people really couldn't believe you did it. It was literally amazing everyone I talked to.

Hopefully Coach Stig halftime speech went something like this:
                    "One of your very own just got done walking across the state of SD for this program. The VERY least you can do as a current Bit it go out in the 2nd half and so some of that very same PRIDE."

I think they had a little more of Casey's 'BIT Pride in the 4th quarter, I just hope it carries over the rest of the season.

Again to Casey...that was an amazing effort...let's hope this year's team decides to follow your lead. I will not and cannot believe it's lack of talent on this years team.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...02/1002/sports

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                      X