The Jackrabbit Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Jackrabbit Journey

He sent me a text with a picture of his feet. Ain't a pretty sight. He stayed with some family of mine in Miller and they said he looked a little rough. Walking for 10 straight days is tough, it turns out. His longest leg - Miller to Huron - was today. Then he's on the home stretch.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      He sent me a text with a picture of his feet. Ain't a pretty sight. He stayed with some family of mine in Miller and they said he looked a little rough. Walking for 10 straight days is tough, it turns out. His longest leg - Miller to Huron - was today. Then he's on the home stretch.
      Has anyone heard how the fundraising part of this is going? I sure hope it is successful, it's pretty amazing what he is doing!

Comment

Casey will be our guest on "Calling All Sports" on Thursday afternoon at 2. You can hear it online or archived at callingallsportssd.com. It is a great story and I am glad he is joining us!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post

You seem to be in the know.

What does this guy do for a career? I would think it would be hard to just take off a month to do this. Very happy he's doing it, but wonder how he thought of it and how he was able to do it?
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

There were some very strong thunderstorms in eastern SD today...what did he do?

Comment

Here is the story I did

Comment

Unreal. It's mind-boggling that as I sit here, eating left-over lasagna at work, debating whether I have the gumption to make the short walk to Hy-vee gas to get a soda pop, that Mr. Hillman is out there somewhere between Huron and Desmet trudging along with blistered, infected feet, nearing the end of two week journey across the state on foot.

Dude's got some serious moxie.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

You can hear Casey here: http://www.callingallsportssd.com/archives.php

He is segment one on September 16th. He was great! What a journey!

Comment

Great interview, thanks for posting Mike!

Comment

All I have to do is take care of some patients before I tailgate Saturday. Casey is walking 20 miles. Hey Casey, feel free to stop by the Yankton Jackrabbit tailgate site for the beverage of your choice. I'm making some pheasant burgers as well if your interested. Oh yeah, and I'd love to shake your hand.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Any word on the money coming in from this? Thats awesome he is doing this. Wish the local medias would do more to track it. It would be great publicity for SDSU west river.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Kudos to Casey from one OG grad to another!

Comment

Awesome stuff! Job well done!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              You seem to be in the know.

What does this guy do for a career? I would think it would be hard to just take off a month to do this. Very happy he's doing it, but wonder how he thought of it and how he was able to do it?
                              Hillman Plumbing & Heating. Sioux Falls, SD. Both Casey and his brother Robb played football for the Jacks. Both teamates of mine. Both high quality individuals who believe very strongly in the Jackrabbit family.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Had a chance to walk with Casey for a little while today. Drove over to Lake Preston (my hometown) and found him about three miles west of town. He's in good spirits (after a very grueling 42 mile walk Wednesday from Miller to Huron (that means about 14 hours at 3 mph)! Also talked to Mike Burgers tonight and he says about $8,500 has been donated (Casey was hoping for $13,000 or so, which is a full one-year scholarship.) Heck of a challenge and a heck of a job. GO CASEY, GO JACKS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X