Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New things we'd like to see in a new stadium!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New things we'd like to see in a new stadium!

I agree that there won't be any parking ramps anytime soon, if ever. Not going to happen. And I doubt beer sales at the stadium are coming anytime soon. But ideas I do like, include an tunnel or some type of cool entrance for the team. And the big bell. That's a really great idea. I would love to see a hill at one end of the stadium. I think that would be great seating for some families and students and an option for cheaper seats for some. But, given the the locations of the new student-athlete center and scoreboard, it probably won't happen, which is a little sad. There will need to be some luxury seating...be it inside or out. More and improved concession stands are needed. Really needed. And, of course, the bigger no-brainer of all...more and better bathrooms.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Somebody mentioned a yellow field with a blue bunny. Ish. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. But, how about Blue Bunny Stadium? We'll need sponsorship. OK, OK, I'm kidding. (Mostly.)
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

What cheaper seats to maintain than a hill that you can spread a blanket out & watch the action from an elevated vantage point.All you have to do is mow & water.I like it,it's unique (?).

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          What cheaper seats to maintain than a hill that you can spread a blanket out & watch the action from an elevated vantage point.All you have to do is mow & water.I like it,it's unique (?).
          Only on the flat lands. App St., Ga Southern are two schools with a hill to sit and watch the game.

Comment

I have always like seeing flags flying at Stadiums. I hope we can get a bunch of SDSU-Jackrabbits flying throughout the stadium (tailgate areas, parking lots, all over campus, town, region, state). I know we have had blue/ yellow flags flying of the the west grandstand in the past an I hope that will continue with the renovations/ new stadium.

Does anyone where the U.S.A flag and South Dakota state flag will be flying from? Did the construction Dykhouse Student Athlete Center remove the flagpole from the NE corner of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. I do not remember seeing the last time I was on campus.
            We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

First of all SIU fan here so I know the excitement a new place can bring with that said, I think the NCAA has banned the use of colored turf in any new way, Boise State and EWU are grandfathered in.

oh and any of you guys coming to carbondale this year you can get a first hand look at a new place, if you have been here before your in for a a much better experience; short of a win i hope; then in the past here is what's waiting for you to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                The thing that I would like to see most in a new SDSU football stadium: My butt on a seat between the 40's!
                What I would like even more is a big ol' W every saturday a game is played there, or even friday night for the BHS kids/
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Kind of glad the colored turf has been banned...I used to like the Boise blue, but after seeing the EWU red, I think I would like to stay traditional if possible. The Saluki stadium looks great! On the chat today AD sell did hint that they would hopefully start unveiling the Master Plans, which will be nice, cross our fingers. We did see them temporarily, until they were pulled. It got me excited that's for sure!
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                  X