Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There's no crying in football!

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Shush, I'm trying to stir the pot a little and create more interest in the game. Facts like those you reminded us of don't help when trying to create a little controversy.
    Sorry MD - UD isn't Grizzly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      It gives us an 11th DI game and therefore another chance to get the minimum of 7 wins it takes for consideration of a spot in the playoffs. Scheduling during this transition has been extremely difficult and the guys in the front office deserve credit for what they have done. UD fans should show some shame for their programs cowardly behavior and admit that the buyout had a lot more to do with the strength of our program than the cost of one trip to the midwest.

Our schedule is right about where it should be minus the marquee FCS game being at home as opposed to away. Ideal world we have 6 home games, 4 in conference, 1 FCS regional team from OOC, and 1 well-established national FCS game (Cal-Poly or one of the SLC teams).
      Very good point JackMD...we needed the UND game bad. It was getting late and there was talk about us scheduling a non-DI game which would have really hurt our playoff chances. UND is a great get although I agree at a poor time of the year. I'll be there with bells on though, I can assure you of that!

Comment

Comment From LarryCurlyMoeLarryCurlyMoe: ] Realistically, this team cannot make the playoffs with a loss at Delaware, correct?

It's questions like these that drive me up a wall on the AL chat. Seriously? Is he waiting on buying his season tickets in case they lose to Delaware? Or are we forfeiting all games after Delaware if we lose?
        This attitude is the reason i started the thread.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          Comment From LarryCurlyMoeLarryCurlyMoe: ] Realistically, this team cannot make the playoffs with a loss at Delaware, correct?

It's questions like these that drive me up a wall on the AL chat. Seriously? Is he waiting on buying his season tickets in case they lose to Delaware? Or are we forfeiting all games after Delaware if we lose?
          This attitude is the reason i started the thread.
          Now if he said if we only get 1 road win, then he would have a point. Its an important game, but its only 1 game. now if it was the last game of the year, at 6-4, it very well could be a deciding factor at the end of the year, but I agree, we need to be happy because we have 5 very winnable but very important games at home.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Would winning at Nebraska help our playoff chances if we lose at Delaware
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              I don't know what it would do for SDSU, but it would probably make Blue Hen fans insufferable.

Comment

If we were 7-4, but one of our wins was Nebraska, then I think it would give us a playoff bid for sure.
                However, the statement seems illogical as there will be no loss at Delaware, because if we do evidently the entire season is in the crapper.(Yes, all sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  I don't know what it would do for SDSU, but it would probably make Blue Hen fans insufferable.
                  And it would make Husker fans jump off buildings.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Yes. We have all agreed that the Jacks need to win all 5 at home and 2 on the road to make the playoffs. The Nebraska game is just another tough road game on the Jacks' schedule this year.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      Yes. We have all agreed that the Jacks need to win all 5 at home and 2 on the road to make the playoffs. The Nebraska game is just another tough road game on the Jacks' schedule this year.
                      much tougher than UNI, So. Illinois or Delaware.

Comment

Hey Catrabbitt; I know exactly how you feel, I hear the same thing from our fans every year about a soft home schedule every other year. It is what it is but having to play away games at the likes of Richmond, JMU and Wm & M is not an envious position. However, the good teams will win regardless and if you can get to the playoffs, anything can happen. Everybody is banking on their chances being better to get to the playoffs this year with the addition of 4 more teams but 2 of them are automatic berths which leaves only 2 more at large openings. With the apparent equality of 1AA teams, it will still be a struggle to get there. I say that it will take an 8-3 record to assure a berth and maybe a 7-4 could sneak in.

Comment

Originally posted by henduster View Post
                          Hey Catrabbitt; I know exactly how you feel, I hear the same thing from our fans every year about a soft home schedule every other year. It is what it is but having to play away games at the likes of Richmond, JMU and Wm & M is not an envious position. However, the good teams will win regardless and if you can get to the playoffs, anything can happen. Everybody is banking on their chances being better to get to the playoffs this year with the addition of 4 more teams but 2 of them are automatic berths which leaves only 2 more at large openings. With the apparent equality of 1AA teams, it will still be a struggle to get there. I say that it will take an 8-3 record to assure a berth and maybe a 7-4 could sneak in.
                          I had not heard this...what conferences are getting the new auto bids? Did FCS suddenly give birth to two new conferences that didn't previously have an auto-bid?
                          Last edited by BTownJack; 08-23-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            I had not heard this...what conferences are getting the new auto bids? Did FCS suddenly give berth to two new conferences that didn't previously have an auto-bid?
                            Good question...on the other hand my new friend, henduster, agrees with me. So....I'll defer because someone actually agrees with me for once...of course he's not a Jacks fan, but nobody is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              I had not heard this...what conferences are getting the new auto bids? Did FCS suddenly give birth to two new conferences that didn't previously have an auto-bid?
                              I guess I'll answer my own question. Looks like the Northeast and Big South conference champs will now get auto berths starting this year. Included in this article on USA today.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                                much tougher than UNI, So. Illinois or Delaware.
                                I agree that it will be a much more difficult game, but does it count any more or less than any of those games? No. So, in my book I just think of it as another game. Guarantee games really don't interest me that much. I am much more excited for the Delaware, UNI, and SIU games.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X