Men: Summit league champs!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men: Summit league champs!!!!!

Thanks for the picture, JD. Saved it and am sending it to a dada of one of the runners from Yankton.

Comment

The team was recognized at halftime of the SDSU v SIU game.

Comment

A small group in the temporary bleachers at base of Sec R on east side went absolutely nuts during the announcement. Extremely proud of their team mates and rightly so.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Great picture JackJD. SDSU would never be the same without a winning cross country team.

Comment

I admit I've been blowing the X-C horn a little loudly of late. I've read a couple of SDSU-produced publications in the last couple of weeks touting the success the Jackrabbit sports teams. When listing conference titles won since joining the Summit League, they missed the 2008 title won by the Jackrabbit women's cross country team. It was one of the first (not the first, but one of the first) D-I Summit League titles for SDSU.

This year's men's title is the first men's Summit League title -- any sport, not just cross country. And it was accomplished with a tremendous effort against what most thought was a stronger opponent on their home course at 6,000 feet altitude.

Through the years, no other sport at SDSU has been as successful (and often, dominant) as cross country. In some sports, fans from other schools may still ask about the Jackrabbits -- who they are, where they're from etc. (Of course, they're finding out!) But in the running world, they all know about SDSU and the Jackrabbits. (Interesting point: the other SDSU doesn't have men's cross country -- the Aztecs do have women's cross country.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Great picture JackJD. SDSU would never be the same without a winning cross country team.
              And SDSU will be sending both teams to the NCAA regionals.

That's good for recruiting. DeHaven, last year IIRC, said that they would be going to the regionals, period. Not conditionally, but every year. Both squads.

Comment

I love his attitude! I don't know Mr. DeHaven, but I make a point to tune in when he's going to speak. He also recognizes that not everyone knows that much about cross country and makes sure to explain things that many of us would not understand. It makes it easier to listen to him when he's considerate of the level of knowledge about the sport.

Comment

Working...
                X