Summit Tourney Game 2 -ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit Tourney Game 2 -ORU

Yes, ORU's 2-0, we're 1-1,double elimination tournement.Actually, we would have to win all three games to claim the championship,a win over OU to get into the championship game ,and then, two wins against ORU to eliminate them.Not an easy task, as we'll have to play another game while ORU sits& rests thier players while SDSU & OU vie for the chance to meet ORU.It can be done,but it's doing it the hard way.

Comment

how's the game vs. Oakland going now?

Comment

SDSU 8 OU 3 in the middle of the 5th.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Winning 2 in one day over ORU at ORU is going to be next to impossible. Don't think it's happened in a long, long time. Baseball should follow hoops and not allow teams to play post season tournies on their home field.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
            Winning 2 in one day over ORU at ORU is going to be next to impossible. Don't think it's happened in a long, long time. Baseball should follow hoops and not allow teams to play post season tournies on their home field.
            Next year, SDSU can choose to host (likely at Sioux Falls Pheasants stadium). Need to get it out of Tulsa.

Comment

Why so much giving up and talking about next year? Jacks are up over oakland, 12-3, in the 7th. Haven't you learned anything about this team's abillity to come back?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Why so much giving up and talking about next year? Jacks are up over oakland, 12-3, in the 7th. Haven't you learned anything about this team's abillity to come back?
                Agreed with Nova. Jacks have their hitting shoes back on and with this kind of offense anything can happen tomorrow. I for one think we are going to one final deciding game tomorrow afternoon and if the Jacks keep hitting I like our chances.

Comment

Baseball should follow hoops and not allow teams to play post season tournies on their home field.
                  IMO, Summit league Basketball tournament in Sioux Falls, is about as close to being home court advantage for SDSU as it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                    Agreed with Nova. Jacks have their hitting shoes back on and with this kind of offense anything can happen tomorrow. I for one think we are going to one final deciding game tomorrow afternoon and if the Jacks keep hitting I like our chances.
                    It's now 20-6 in the bottom of the 9th... Jacks will score tomorrow. Pitch and play a little D and anything is possible.

Comment

I've said it once I've said it twice, I've said it a lot....some folks on this board have got no heart. I wonder why they insist that they are fans at all. Most of the time these "fans" point out how the Jacks can't win.
                      From where I'm looking ORU NEEDS to BEAT the Jacks TWICE in a row...some thing they haven't done this year. nuff said!
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        I've said it once I've said it twice, I've said it a lot....some folks on this board have got no heart. I wonder why they insist that they are fans at all. Most of the time these "fans" point out how the Jacks can't win.
                        From where I'm looking ORU NEEDS to BEAT the Jacks TWICE in a row...some thing they haven't done this year. nuff said!

Well, actually it's only once, but your heart's in the right place and I second the sentiment... but my original point on Fans of Little Faith stands....

Comment

Well, actually it's only once, but your heart's in the right place and I second the sentiment... but my original point on Fans of Little Faith stands....
                          I believe Catrabbit was referring to them beating us today and following that up with a second win tomorrow.

Comment

Winning twice will be difficult. If and or/when we win it will not be a pitchers dual. The Jacks will need to score 12+ runs each game to give us the opportunity to win. I LIKE our Jacks in a slug fest. These Jacks have pulled off a lot of firsts.

Home runs, runs scored, doubles, hits in a season and so on.

So, winning twice vs ORU is another first. Go Jacks

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                              I believe Catrabbit was referring to them beating us today and following that up with a second win tomorrow.
                              exactly, just a different perspective. "Twice in a row" was meant for the fact they aleady beat us once in the tournament and yet have to prove they can beat us two games in a row this season, while the Jacks beat ORU three games in a row once already in the regular season series, so to say they can't beat ORU two games in a row is a ridiculous statement. GO BIG GO BLUE GO JACKS!
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Is there a score update? I thought the game started at 1?

Comment

Working...
                                X