Summit Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit Tourney

Huge gamble by the Rabbits in not throwing their number 1 pitcher in Game 1, especially in a double elimination tournament, and a gamble they almost lost. But having won that gamble, it does put them in good shape going in today's game.

Another benefit of throwing your number 1 in game 1, it gives his arm more rest if needed later in the tournament.
    USD Fan

Comment

Did I see ORU pitcher threw 147 pitches. Not easy to come back from that very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Did I see ORU pitcher threw 147 pitches. Not easy to come back from that very quickly.
        Correct, Smoling(sp?) threw all 9 innings for ORU, so doubt we'll see him in anything but an inning/2 of relief, and on Sat. not today.

Trevor had to come in for the Jacks, but only for 1.67 innings, he should be good again today as closer.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Correct, Smoling(sp?) threw all 9 innings for ORU, so doubt we'll see him in anything but an inning/2 of relief, and on Sat. not today.

Trevor had to come in for the Jacks, but only for 1.67 innings, he should be good again today as closer.
          Thanks RR for squaring away the information on the ORU fan board. The Tulsa World was wrong, the fans were wrong, and I can't get registered for some reason, so glad you squared them away. There was no doubt we were not going to start Treinen in the first game, and ORU will get him today. We have the bats to beat the pitchers later in the rotations of opposing teams, but I'll have to agree I got a little "tight" as we didn't get them started until late.

Heading for the Centenary-Oakland game right now. My wish for the day's games is to have the Jacks beat ORU, Centenary top Oakland, Centenary beat ORU in the late game and then SDSU vs. Centenary in the Saturday championship! GO JACKS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
            Huge gamble by the Rabbits in not throwing their number 1 pitcher in Game 1, especially in a double elimination tournament, and a gamble they almost lost. But having won that gamble, it does put them in good shape going in today's game.

Another benefit of throwing your number 1 in game 1, it gives his arm more rest if needed later in the tournament.
            Simply amazing how many moves Coach Price has made this year that somehow seem to work out for this team. Whether its a pitching rotation, relievers, pinch hitters etc. He has made the right moves again and again. Best of luck today gentlemen. Make it a little easier on me today. Those come from behind wins are killing me here.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Baseball, probably moreso than any other sport, seems to be a game in which a manager's instinct can have a huge impact on who wins or loses the game.
              USD Fan

Comment

Oakland leads 7 - 1 going into the bottom of the 8th inning.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post

I guess I didn't see it as a huge gamble since I think everyone thought seeds 1, 2, and 3 were close and a solid step ahead of seed 4. That meant no matter what we were facing ORU or Cent in our second game, either to stay alive or to get into the finals. However if we had been the 2 or 3 seed, then it would have been a huge gamble.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X