Clear All

Re: Und gdt

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Team batting avg. is now .352
    Averaging 10.2 runs/gm
    Averaging 1.3 HR/gm

That, my folks, is RI-DONK-U-LOUS!
    You got that right!

I can't believe how many runs this SDSU squad is putting up, but I love it!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      You got that right!

I can't believe how many runs this SDSU squad is putting up, but I love it!
      It was a day to fatten up the averages. The more cogent test comes up this weekend when we face a team with some very good pitchers...got to keep those bats working! Need to start off the next 8 games (Centenary and ORU) with a bang. GO JACKS!

Comment

Right now we have the 6th highest team batting average in the country. Also rank 6th in team rbi's. My kid is hitting .348 and is dragging the average down. I told him he had better get with the program.

Seriously, this weekend will be a tremendous test for the Jacks. Centenary has some outstanding pitching. The kid they will throw Friday will be as good as any pitcher we have faced or will face this season. This is their last chance to do something big as a D1 program, since they will all start scattering next season, and I am sure they want to go out with a bang.

Comment

Hey guys - after the drubbing down in Brookings, I was expecting more of the same today in Grand Forks. But, it looks like the Sioux won the first game 7-1. Pretty good to go from giving up 42 runs in 12 innings to giving up 1 in 7 innings But, I'm sure that the Jacks are looking forward to the Summit Tourney after a very good season - good luck against ORU and the like as it would be nice for a northern team to make it into the tourney from the Summit
          Fighting Sioux

Comment

Well, the Jacks win the second game, 2-1, so there is a split on this very interesting scheduling day. Not really sure why, after four games in Fargo this past weekend, and four games coming up in two doubleheaders on Friday and Saturday against Western Illinois, we headed up to Grand Forks (I know, it was a condition of the Sioux coming down I assume and apparently Reggie wanted those two earlier games to keep his team swinging before the big series against Centenary and Oral Roberts). Anyway, while we did start basically our non-rotation pitchers, give credit to the Sioux pitchers, who closed down our hitters. And it took 3 innings of Verm (3 more with no ERA, which will notch down his 0.62 a bit more) to keep them from scoring again. Anyway...good games by the Sioux...and now the Jacks can come home and get ready for the Summit League tournament in Tulsa. (Got my room, have you?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              3 more with no ERA, which will notch down his 0.62 a bit more
              So how many consecutive innings is that without an earned run? Got to be on the far side of 30 by now (it was 25-1/3 after the ORU series). That -has- to be a school record.

Comment

3 runs in 2 games and a total of 7 in the last 3 games.....I sure hope our bats aren't going quiet.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                X