• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any word on the coaching search?

It is offical. Congrats to Ritchie!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3750158

Price to return as Jackrabbit head coach

South Dakota State University Director of Athletics Justin Sell announced Monday that Ritchie Price will return as head baseball coach next season.

“Ritchie did a great job last season with a tough schedule and under some difficult circumstances,” Sell said. “This decision is in the best interest of our student-athletes. I’m really excited about working with him and look forward to watching our baseball program continue to grow.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
      It is offical. Congrats to Ritchie!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3750158

Price to return as Jackrabbit head coach

South Dakota State University Director of Athletics Justin Sell announced Monday that Ritchie Price will return as head baseball coach next season.

“Ritchie did a great job last season with a tough schedule and under some difficult circumstances,” Sell said. “This decision is in the best interest of our student-athletes. I’m really excited about working with him and look forward to watching our baseball program continue to grow.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Rep points to 76Rabbbit for nailing this last week.... good job.

Comment

There is a God. Congratulations to Coach Price.

Comment

This is great news. I think it would have been easy for the new AD Justin Sell to come in and hire from outside the university just to assert his will on the department. So I think it is a great sign that given Price as a viable candidate within the university that he did some due dilligence and then made the right decision in retaining the talented young baseball coach.

Nice work, Mr. Sell. I'm glad to see that you have an open mind toward what is in place at SDSU. I know there will be many opportunities to bring in great outside talent, but it is nice to know that you don't feel the need to hire your candidtates just to assert your will.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...30/1002/sports

Price to remain SDSU baseball coach

Jacks AD drops 'interim' tag

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • June 16, 2009

BROOKINGS - It turns out that Ritchie Price won 26 games and one job during his season as interim baseball coach at South Dakota State.

On Monday, the 24-year-old California native and former Kansas standout was named full-time head of the Jackrabbits program, the first hire made by new athletic director Justin Sell.

Sell was, if nothing else, decisive. He went with Price - now officially the youngest head coach in Division I baseball - over a pool of about 70 applicants and his own connections in the coaching world. The staff at his former employer, Northern Iowa, was available because the program has been disbanded.

"I hope that speaks volumes about how I feel about Ritch and the job he's done," Sell said. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Just got done reading the article at lunch. Did not know Coach Price was only 24 years old. Very impressive to get your first head coaching job in DI at that age. Congrats and good luck to Coach Price.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
              X