Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs Gophers in Sioux Falls

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    When their pitcher bounced one of our guys helmet and caught it out by the mound, never have I seen that before and I've watched and played a lot of baseball.
    UNBELIEVABLE. As Reusse always says, no matter how many times you go to the park, you never know what you will see for the first time. I was hoping one of the television stations would have had that on tape. It was definitely ESPN worthy.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

When their pitcher bounced one of our guys helmet and caught it out by the mound, never have I seen that before and I've watched and played a lot of baseball.
      I don't get it. Their pitcher hit one of our guys in the head and the ball bounced back to him and he caught it???

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        I don't get it. Their pitcher hit one of our guys in the head and the ball bounced back to him and he caught it???
        Correct. Goph's pitcher hits Jack's player in the side/back of the head (turned his head as the pitch was coming) ball ricochets back to the pitcher and he catches it at the base of the mound. I've never seen that before.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Correct. Goph's pitcher hits Jack's player in the side/back of the head (turned his head as the pitch was coming) ball ricochets back to the pitcher and he catches it at the base of the mound. I've never seen that before.
          I never have either, thats crazy. I take it the player didn't get hurt at all, never heard anything about it on the radio broadcast, although I didn't start listening till later in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            I never have either, thats crazy. I take it the player didn't get hurt at all, never heard anything about it on the radio broadcast, although I didn't start listening till later in the game.
            Nope, shook it off, took his base. Trainer came out and checked on him and he stayed in the game.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It was in the bottom of the fourth, I believe Ayala (sp?) was the batter and I don't know the pitcher's name. The pitcher came out of his follow through and hardly had to move to catch it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
              X