• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs Gophers in Sioux Falls

4-4 in the 9th.

Comment

Looks like Terry V. is going to earn some overtime......going to extra innings.

Comment

Heading to the bottom of the 10th, still tied at 4.

Comment

Jacks win on a squeeze play!!!

5-4 is your final, the Jackrabbits finally win a close one against the Gophers.

Comment

Great Finish

Comment

Great to see us finally beat the Gophers. Beautiful weather for the game and a decent size crowd. I hope everyone had fun at the mixer before the game.

Comment

Very good game. Both teams made errors in crucial situations, but the game was well played for the most part and there were a lot of strategic moves. The game-winning bunt was a classic. At first, it appeared the Gophers would intentionally walk the hitter to put runners at first and third, with one out. Ball one. Then the Gophers decided to pitch to the guy. Swinging foul ball. Strike one. Then a perfect bunt. The runner scored easily.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Great finish! Finally a close win over the U of M. I've never seen a situation where a team throws one intentional ball and then decides to pitch to the batter. Tony did a great job getting the ball on the ground. The pitch was up at his shoulders. Keep the momentum rolling this weekend. Rain, rain, stay away!!!

Comment

In my previous replay I meant pitch. It's getting late.

Comment

Great win over the Gophers.

From GoJacks.com:

SIOUX FALLS -- Tony Martin plated Tyson Fisher with a squeeze bunt in the bottom of the 10th inning, lifting South Dakota State past Minnesota, 5-4, Wednesday night at Sioux Falls Stadium.
                      The Jackrabbits improved to 17-19 overall in ending an 11-game losing streak against Minnesota dating back to 1966. The Golden Gophers dropped to 16-22....

For the complete GoJacks.com story, go to: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1446834

Can't seem to insert a link to the story on Gophersports.com (I enjoy reading the opponent's take on the game).

Comment

Nice description of the action by Terry V in the Argus story at:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...50/1002/sports

Comment

Great mixer, good crowd, great game! I think most baseball fans would agree that a walk-off sqeeze play is probably the most exciting way to win a game. That's my opinion anyway...way better than a walk off HR. Best finish I've seen in a long time...

Comment

The baseball team has very quietly been putting together good seasons the last couple years. It is going to be nice to have more home games going forward.

The new field is nice and will really be sharp when the stands and completed down the road.

Keep it up Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

When Tony came to bat, I was sitting with Mark Ekeland, and when the Gophers decided to change their minds on an automatic walk, Mark speculated on the suicide squeeze as a possibility, and before we could finish the conversation, the game was over! Agree with the previous comment about the best ending for a baseball game. Having watched the three close losses in Minnesota, it was a great win for this year's team, which has fought the elements all spring.

Comment

Attended the game, sat in the suites, pretty nice. Good crowd, great game. When their pitcher bounced one of our guys helmet and caught it out by the mound, never have I seen that before and I've watched and played a lot of baseball.

As for the squeeze play, my friend called that as well. Executely perfectly. None of it would have been possible without some great defense by the Jacks. One play in particular. In the top of the 8th, Billy Stitz, made an amazing catch in CF. One of the Goph's lefties ripped a line drive into the gap between LF/CF. The thing was a rope. Billy ran to the spot the ball was going to go and made an amazing catch preventing a certain 3 base hit. Any hesitation, misjudgement, or bad step and that baby is by him in a flash. Billy has got some talent. You don't see that in the boxscore but I think that play saved the game.

Hope I can make it to a few more games this year.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X