Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Baseball Field?

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    What additional touches will be added to the ballpark this spring. Assume we will still have temporary bleachers?
    I don't think you'll see many new touches added this year. I believe there's going to be some minor landscaping done to help out so the bleacher area doesn't turn into a mudhole every time it rains.

Unless a large donation is made, the temporary bleachers will be in place for near future from what I've been told.
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

rjack, have you been by the field lately? Is the dirt pile behind first base still there? It was quite a mess last fall so I'm hopeful it has been removed, leveled and some gravel added to make it accessible next weekend.

Comment

I haven't been out to the field since Fall. I'm hoping to make it out for next weekend's game if the weather allows for it. I'm in desperate need of some outdoor baseball!

It was mentioned they would be putting some gravel down in a recent baseball newsletter but I'm not sure if that's been completed yet.
        “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Drove by the field today, the mound of dirt is still there unfortunately

Comment

That is really sad. The field itself is awesome but the area surrounding it is embarassing. How much does it take to remove a pile of dirt and throw in a little gravel?

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
              I don't think you'll see many new touches added this year. I believe there's going to be some minor landscaping done to help out so the bleacher area doesn't turn into a mudhole every time it rains.

Unless a large donation is made, the temporary bleachers will be in place for near future from what I've been told.
              How much is the total cost of the project? has it been determine? I drove by and noticed the Batters eye has blown down to winds and winter weather. Are they planning on replacing it this year?
              We...ARE...STATE!
              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I just hope we can hold onto the sports we currently have. Its going to take ongoing support from alumni/boosters. Tuition/fees hike of just over 5% approved by the Regents and announced today. With the initial budget cuts and then further decreases approved by the legislature times are definitely tough at the university level.

I sure don't want to see any sports cut but if the money isn't there.....
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is the field going to be ready for this weekends series against NDSU?

Comment

I would certainly hope so. It would be pretty sad to have our home opener 5 days short of 2 months into the season and not manage to have the field looking it's best. Anyone have an educated answer to JackII's question?

Comment

Drove past today, looks ready except the still need to replace the batter's eye.

Comment

Dirt pile gone LakeJack? Last time I was by there was a lot of junk like tires etc. lying around.

Comment

Yea looks ready to go, now if we can keep the rain away this weekend

Comment

Anyone been by the field? Any additions or changes planned this year. Its been a while since Huether Field has been discussed. So I thought I would bring the discussion back up and remind everyone that the funds are needed to get this complex completed. Inside the fence the facility is top notch. Outside the fences we have some work to do.

The team is "TOP NOTCH" lets make this facility top notch too.
                            We...ARE...STATE!
                            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                              Anyone been by the field? Any additions or changes planned this year. Its been a while since Huether Field has been discussed. So I thought I would bring the discussion back up and remind everyone that the funds are needed to get this complex completed. Inside the fence the facility is top notch. Outside the fences we have some work to do.

The team is "TOP NOTCH" lets make this facility top notch too.
                              I've been by the field. Getting close to playable. Remarkable, considering how it looked just a week ago or so. As far as upgrades I don't think there is a single thing on the docket this spring. I agree inside the fences its a great playing surface. Money, money and more money is the only answer.

Great season to date. Now we move onto Iowa later this week.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Drove by the field today. Took this snapshot. The Jacks were practicing - saw some pretty powerful hitting action...

Comment

Working...
                                X