ORU in Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU in Tulsa

Big win for the Rabbits down in Tulsa. Jackrabbits 5 - ORU 2!!

good to see you LakeJack!! i had kinda given up commenting. thought i was just making notes to myself. I wrote a couple weeks ago the Jacks have a GREAT chance to win this series

beyond that we have a Great chance to win the league this year

we appear pretty clearly the most dangerous offense in the league

now if you are looking at our pitching from a Jacks only, isolated perspective, there is really no way around it!! at best we have been inconsistent, at worst we have been just bad

if you look at our pitching from a bigger perspective, however, we still are tied with ORU for the second best ERA in the Summit league

YES we are tied with ORU in team ERA. ORU has traditionally had dominant pitching. they have played a tougher schedule than we have so far this year, but their pitching still looks much weaker than normal

as far as offense-
    The Jacks and ORU are basically tied in batting average and team OBP- ORU is ahead by a tiny tiny amount in both

but in terms of damage the Jacks hitters are WAY MORE dangerous than ORU!! we lead them in slugging % by well over 100 points. that is a HUGE difference!!

to be clear the Jacks, ORU, and St Thomas are EASILY the 3 best offenses in the summit league. STU does lead in batting average comfortably. batting almost 300 as a team, but both ORU and the Jacks have very respectable team batting average

Jacks and ORU both have played 18 games going into today. STU played 15

Hits
    Jacks 176
    ORU 175
    STU 160

Doubles
    ORU 35
    Jacks 33
    STU 26

Triples
    STU 11
    Jacks 8
    ORU 2

now brace yourselves!!!

Homeruns
    Jacks 30 yes THIRTY in 18 games
    STU 15
    ORU 9

the Jacks have lost 3 games this year that they were leading going into the final inning. our pitchers have had many games giving up one or multiple BIG innings. if our pitchers can find anything that looks like consistency this season this could very easily be the best season the Jacks have ever had

Comment

someone (I think Peavy but i am not positive) made a wise and valid post recently reminding anyone who only wanted the Midco Plus Summit League Network for watching basketball that they should remember to cancel

that said, I believe EVERY Summit League baseball game will be on the SLN. hard to believe it will be every game, but it appears there will be a lot

Comment

ORU is pitching Fowler today
        he was very good last year but has struggled a bit so far this year with an ERA just under 7.5

Jacks made him throw a lot of pitches in the first with about 10 foul balls but ultimately had no hits

Goble is going for the Jacks
        2 starts ago Goble went 8 innings allowed 1 walk and 1 run

last start he went 5 innings and gave up 4 or 5 walks, i think 8 or 9 hits, and i think 5 runs

lets hope we have the Goble from 2 weeks ago))) on the season his ERA is 6.26

Jake started well with 2 outs in about 8 pitches
        then a seeing eye grounder to SS put a guy on
        another seeing eye grounder to 2b put another guy on

literally two balls that DID NOT leave the infield and ORU gets a runner in scoring position

another grounder up the middle and ORU leads 1-0 after one inning

Comment

Jacks load the bases and take a 2-1 lead in the top of 3

Anderson and Bellows crushed balls that the RF and LF for ORU made excellent plays on, or the Jacks would have put up a much bigger number

hopefully ORU leaves Fowler in longer. the Jacks are making him work hard to get through innings and hopefully they get to him in the next one!!

Comment

unfortunately my suspicions were correct(( ORU does not allow Fowler to take the mound for the 4th

Luskey crushes another ball to begin the 4th but another out

Comment

the DANGEROUS part of the Jacks offense that i have been talking about all year shows up in the 6th in the second inning against the ORU reliever!!

Ronken leads off with a ball to the wall in LF. ORU LF makes a long run and almost makes another great robbery on a Jacks hard hit ball but cannot quite pull it off

Ronken on second, Luskey one hops the right center wall for back to back doubles and a run
              then an out
              then Anderson ropes a triple to the wall in left center
              then infield single
              then Frost hit an absolute missle!!! i honestly thought it might be caught by the first baseman, HONEST!! but it went over the wall in RF. i swear the ball never got over 10 feet high

Jacks up 8-2 Goble still on the mound in the bottom of 6

Comment

Good guys up big!! SDSU 9 - ORU 2 Bottom of the 7th.

Comment

Jacks take game two 12-7 and secure the series victory
                  this is only the second time EVER ORU has lost the opening series of conference play, both times to the Jacks. honestly i am not sure that ORU has lost more than 3 home series all time in league play and two of them are to the Jacks

beyond the win, the Jacks were quite a bit more dominant than the score or stats show
                  there seems a bit of confusion about the number of hits for each team, but i think ORU had 12 hits

BUT 4 of those hits DID NOT leave the infield. at least a couple more were of the seeing eye grounder variety that did manage to squeak out of the infield (even the ORU announcer called some of them seeing eye singles)

ORU hit the ball in the air infrequently and had ONLY ONE extra base hit, while the jacks had 3 doubles and a laser HR, plus a LOT of hard hit balls that did not find the grass
                  Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 03-16-2024, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Going for the sweep tomorrow. This is a huge way to start the Summit Season!!

Comment

Up 2 - 0 bottom of 1st!! Go Jackrabbits!!

Comment

interesting ORU wearing powder blue today after Jacks wore it yesterday (powder, sky, baby or whatever blue you call it i guess)

Jacks version is WAYYYYYYYYYY better

i actually think the powder blue baseball uniforms are easily the best of ANY uniform for any Jacks team. i would also say the baseball team might have the best overall uniforms. they are way way better than the softball uniforms

back to more meaningful commentary ORU goes 3 up 3 down for the second inning after doing the same in the first. Arbogast needs only 8 pitches to get through the second!! a sweep of ORU to open league play would be BIG

Comment

first year Jacks RF (came from Kirkwood Juco) Cael Frost came into this weekend leading the league in hits, OPS, and slugging

he had 3 hits on friday
                          3 walks and a missle HR yesterday
                          already has 2 hits in 2 ABs today

he has been kind of a decent pickup for the Jacks))

Comment

Parry hits a HR with 2 outs and bases loaded in the 6th!! YES ladies and gents they do call that a GRAND SLAM!!!

Jacks up 6-0 going to the eagles half of the 6th

Comment

Jacks make their second VERY DUMB running error of the day or they would have the bases loaded with one down with a chance to tack on in the top of 9

but we do have 2 on with 2 down and need a base hit

Comment

Working...
                              X