Final wknd of the Regular Season, in Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final wknd of the Regular Season, in Fargo

i did NOT realize until i saw the score last night that they had moved the final weekend up to Thurs - Saturday
    guessing they pushed it up because the SLT starts on Wednesday next week

SLT positioning wise, i believe we have the 3 seed locked up and if we sweep the Bison we would flip with them and be the 2 seed. not much difference between 2 and 3 except who gets to bat last when they play in the first round i guess

we really have a lot of good hitters on our team. we have SIX players in the top 18 in the league in OPS. that is crazy. for comparison ORU who is also excellent on offense only has 3 of the top 18. they have 4 more ranked between 19 and 26

overall we have EIGHT of the top 29 hitters. one problem our best hitter is apparently done for the year. that still leaves us 7 of the top 29. we have 7 hitters who are somewhere between comfortably ABOVE average and really good!!!

it really does show what a stupid crazy awesome year McDonald was having. he was SO GOOD that 7 other really good players were barely getting noticed

back to the weekend and beyond

i dont think it matters too much being the 2 or the 3. but we want to play well this weekend and have as much good mojo as possible heading to Tulsa on wednesday
    I KNOW we are better than we have showed against ORU so far this year!!!

i talked to a recent player and he agrees with me that ORU is definitely in our head a little. losing our best player does not help either, but he has been gone for a month now so we are as adjusted as we can possibly be

Omaha is very good!!! we need them to do what the usd girls did last weekend and hang an early loss on the top seed. then we only need to beat ORU once and maybe we can catch a break somewhere along the way, ala UNO girls getting TK for one inning in the rain to finally score the ONLY run they scored on her the whole year.

i would not be willing to bet a big chunk of money on our chances to win the SLT, but i do believe we have a chance!! first things first, lets have a healthy and good 2 more days in fargo

Never have heard how serious McDonald's injury is. Is he done for the season ?

Comment

He was on crutches for Sr. Day

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Never have heard how serious McDonald's injury is. Is he done for the season ?
        i watched a few innings of the game yesterday. according to the ndsu announcers, his injury is season ending

Comment

Working...
        X