Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC 4 game wrap around Weekend @ Purdue

Well, I guess we are gonna test out the next man up
    Ryan McDonald, the best offensive player in the conference is not in the lineup today for game one vs the Boilermakers

we have a lot of good hitters who have probably been a bit unnoticed because of the truly legendary season McDonald is having. truly the lowest batting average in the lineup today is CF Reece Anderson at .264

7of our 9 hitters have averages between Anderson at .264 and McDonald's replacement Schram at .280 with 2b Stuff at .297 and 1b Parry at . 312

a bit ironic the lowest BA in the lineup is leading off today and Beazley who is leading the conference in doubles and has been on fire is batting 7th

anyway, Jacks go down 1, 2, 3 in the top of one
    we will see what we can do against what looks to be a fairly ordinary Boilermaker team.

went to Tulsa on an 11 game winning streak, left Tulsa on a 3 game losing streak and down our best player(( HOPEFULLY we can get back the winning mojo we had against Purdue leaguemates Nebraska

Arbogast gets himself and the team off to a FAR better start today, as opposed to his outing last week

Arbogast faces 3 Purdue hitters and retires all of them on a total of 10 pitches

i did not look up the season stats for Purdue
    but looking at the lineup, the first five hitters have BA between . 288 and .336 coming into action today
    the next 3 are .197, .246, and .255

again did not look season stats so BA can be misleading! we have hitters like Ira and Beazley who both have a BA of .270 but they have over 20 extra base hits. there is definitely value in a player who hits a bunch of singles and is a tough out, ala Boeve for UNO (i think he still has single digit strikeouts on the year), but seems like most people are willing to trade 10 or 20 points, or more, of BA for more doubles and HRs

Comment

Beazley our 7 batter stays hot
      he gets the first hit of the game for either team to start the 3rd

Schramm tries to sac bunt and both runners are safe on error
      Kozal who was on total fire before the Husker game has been ice cold since
      cannot get a good bunt down and Beazley gets forced out at 3b

runners on first and second, one down, top of order up for jacks

Comment

Anderson singles to load the bases
        Ira sac fly to left to put the jacks up 1-0
        Parry gets to a 2-2 count fouls off 5 or 6 pitches and then hits a BOMB to LC to put the jacks up 4-0

I know ORU is really good! taking NOTHING from the Eagles!! but the Jacks are a much better team than they showed last weekend!! I believe ORU has won 10 of the last 11 times we have played them, it really feels like they are in our heads at this point

hopefully we get Ryan back soon and we take care of business the rest of the way
        big road game against the Gophers
        final home series against UNC (the other UNC) who beat us 2 of 3 to start conference play, but we are a much better team now
        then end the season at Fargo who we also dropped 2 of 3, playing OUR home games in Omaha

Comment

Arbogast is perfect thru 3. needed just 7 pitches to get thru the 3rd
          30 pitches total, i think he threw about 30 pitches last week just to get 2 outs before getting pulled after walking 3 in the first inning

not expecting he is gonna throw a perfect game but nice to see him bounce back from an awful start last week!!!

Comment

WOW i guess i should not have mentioned being perfect thru 3

purdue loads bases in the 4th on a hit a walk and an error. then a double scores 2 and Arbogast is done for the day with 2 on and nobody out.

Kruger comes in and cuts loose 2 wild pitches and the game is tied. man on first and still no outs

Comment

Jacks put an end to their 4 game losing streak
              Win game 2, 7-5

LOTS of offense in the first two games
              Jacks are putting up 9.5 hits and 7 runs per game vs the boilermakers even missing the best offensive player in the Summit

Jacks need more consistency from their pitchers for the remainder of the season, even more so if we are not getting McDonald back

both yesterday and today our starter has looked brilliant for multiple innings and then given up a big offensive inning to end their day
              and equally or maybe even more concerning, our two stud relievers, Sundquist and Bouraasa have looked rather shaky the last 6 games

Comment

Working...
              X