Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAME 1 of the series with ORU

tonight at 6pm
    not an expert!!! making no promises, but it does appear that you might be able to watch the game for free thru the link on ORU athletic website

i CAN promise there is a link to watch. i cannot promise it is free, but it appears so

Jacks and Eagles have played 90 games previously. Eagles lead the series 70-20 and they have won 8 of the last 9 (they have been mildly dominant... to say the least)

appears that ORU will start Fowler, Hall, and Gollert in the three games. Fowler is the only pitcher in the Summit with an ERA under 3.00. Hall and Gollert are ranked 3rd and 4th in the league in ERA

Obviously this will be a good test for the hot Jacks Hitters. the Jacks have won 11 games in a row, if i understand correctly???? this is the second longest winning streak in program history, maybe it is the second longest in D1?? one way or the other, the Jacks are coming into this important series playing well and playing hot!!

looking forward to the games!!!

Comment

Just don’t get swept. We gotta win the game Goble pitches.

Comment

what the heck??((

i turn the game scheduled for SIX PM on at SIX
        and we are in the bottom of the 8th inning

we are down 3-5 with ORU batting in bottom of 8

Comment

game moved up due to threat of rain

jacks go down 1,2,3 in the 9th, the 11 game win streak is snapped and we are back to .500 for the year, 18-18

I have not had a chance to look over all the stats yet, but ORU outhit us 6-4 and they win the game 5-3

according to the little i heard
          ORU hit 3 solo HR, 2 HR from their leadoff hitter
          the Jacks had 1 error (did not see who yet) apparently that led to one of ORU other runs
          and their closer got the last 4 outs. 3 of 4 by K

games are SCHEDULED for
          2pm tomorrow
          1pm sunday

Comment

WELL looking at the stats, 2 things

first- Ryan McDonald was 1 for 2 on the day with no walks?? how does he have no walks but only 2 ABs

because he got Hit By Pitch, TWICE
            seems a little interesting

beyond that it seems NOT what you want, the Jacks pitchers combine for 6 walks
            while Jacks hitters get no walks

first off i wlll concede, i have ALREADY said it, ORU has FAR, FAR and AWAY the best pitching in the league. i think i will leave it at that and not have a second thought. hopefully the upcoming games will happen at times i can watch and hopefully when i watch there will not be such a glaring disparity in batters walked and if there is it will be blatantly obvious that one teams pitchers are just blatantly better

all things considered, the walks appear that they REALLY did NOT hurt our pitchers, other than maybe causing them to throw more pitches, but even with 12 baserunners for the game ORU only got 3 runs our of their 3 homeruns so really the walks caused very little damage, but STILL definitely NOT what you want unless the ump just has a tiny strike zone and pitchers from both teams are giving up plenty of walks

i do wonder if we will have a change in our batting order for tomorrow
            it looks like our batting order has changed regularly throughout the season
            and T Kozal had been on fire and moved into 2nd in the Summit in OPS

but he has moved up from the bottom third of the order to the 2 hole the last two games and i believe he is 0 for 7 with 4 Ks
            we have to have better protection than that behind McDonald or he is gonna get walked or HBP way more often than not

Comment

the more i think about this, the more STRANGE it feels

but i did not see any Jacks ABs, except the last 3

did anyone watch the game? i am curious what the HBPs looked like
              because as has already been written, the ORU pitchers are VERY good and they did not walk ONE SINGLE Jackrabbit hitter today

sooooo...... HOW do you have such good control that you have ZERO walked batters for the game, BUT you just happen to HIT WITH PITCHES, the best hitter on the opposing team, TWICE??

not trying to cause trouble and really couldn't even if i wanted to, but am I being stupid here??

Comment

Is somebody watching this one today?

i saw the first couple innings. then i had to leave for a bit
                came back just after ORU 8th batter got his second hit of the day a 2 run HR to put them in the lead

then we brought in our stud releiver Bouraasa and ORU gets an insurance run on a seeing eye blooper, stolen base, throwing error, and another seeing eye hit on the ground. BRUTAL!!

and that run was very painful because we got a solo HR in top of 7, so that, run manufactured without anything being hit hard is the difference in the game

but what i did not see is, WHY is Ryan McDonald out of the game?
                he had 3 AB and 2 hits on the day, but now our backup catcher is in the game

i hope i am wrong, but i cannot imagine ANY GOOD reason that we would take our top hitter out of the lineup in the middle of the game

Comment

Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see IF and WHEN he comes back
                  after leaving in the middle innings of yesterdays game, Ryan McDonald is not in the lineup today

hopefully!!!!!!! he will be back very soon

played in 1 and a half games against ORU and their league leading (by far) pitching staff. had 4 ABs and 3 hits, also HBP twice, so on base 5 times in 6 plate appearances

apparently the only thing that can stop Ryan McDonald from getting on base, is being out of the lineup

wishing him the best, with whatever it is he is dealing with

Comment

just got the game on
                    I knew about the lineup, because i looked at the live stat view before the game started and then had to leave for a bit

Goble got through the top of ORU order fine in the top of 1

but he gave up a walk to start the 2nd followed by 3 hits, allowing 2 runs

the bottom 4 batters in ORU lineup have crushed the Jacks this weekend

still batting in the 2nd ORU has runners on corners with 1 down and the meat of the order up

Comment

Working...
                    X