2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    SDSU taking on St. Thomas at Bob Sheldon Field right now. What a nice facility. Jacks up 5-4 heading to the bottom of the 5th.
    Jacks take game one
    Jumped on UST early leading 5-0 after 2 innings
    UST scored 4 in innings 4 and 5 to make it a one run game
    Jacks add a few and get the won 8-5

McDonald did get on base with a walk to start the game, but went hitless. that almost feels impossible. i am honestly not sure if he has even gotten out in consecutive plate appearances in the last 3 weeks

In the second inning today, Tyler stated that Ryan was leading the nation in Slugging %
    seems really hard to believe he could be leading the nation but somehow has only been Summit Player of the Week ONCE.
    In the Summit he was almost .200 ahead of anyone in Slugging %. i wonder how close the second guy in the country was? (obviously i can look) wonder if he is still in the lead after a hitless game

related notes, He was over .300 ahead of anyone in the league in OPS going into today
    AND actually his teammate, Thatcher Kozal, would be EASILY the closest player to him in Slugging % in the Summit, and Kozal would be about .100 ahead of everyone in the league minus McDonald, but apparently he does not have enough at bats to qualify, as he missed some games earlier in the season (maybe 11? i think 11 but not positive)

Comment

Looked it up:
      going into today

McDonald #1 in the country in Slugging % .953
      second place is from Florida Atlantic slugging .921

nobody else in the country is over .891

also McDonald is tied for 10th in HR on the season, BUT...
      he has played only 30 games, in the top 50 HR hitters in the country 47 of them have played at least 4 more games

EVERY player ahead or tied with McDonald on the list has at least 36 games
      the HR leader is comfortably ahead with 22 (39 games)
      three hitters have 19 HR
      five others have 17
      McDonald and 3 others have 16

Comment

Working...
      X