Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baseball 2008

Originally posted by SD-STATE
    Master Plan. :-/ More of a wish list or a letter to Santa Claus, but that needs not to be discussed here.
    If you're in the room talking to Santa Claus, it's handy to have your wish-list ready . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ahh yes, you're very wise. This grasshopper sees things a little different now.

Comment

Indeed.......it could definitely be much worse: we could be USD baseball fans........

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
          Indeed.......it could definitely be much worse: we could be USD baseball fans........
          Now that is a great post!

Comment

Now, now, Rabbits, let's be better than some of our friends to the North (those who seem able to turn ANY thread into yet another us-vs-them screed).
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was just trying to put matters into perspective for those who are upset that SDSU does not have an on-campus baseball stadium at this time. Our neighbors to the south just happen to be the best (and relatively recent) example of how things can be much worse..........

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                This is not the case.  The field on campus will be the host of all games once it is a suitable venue to host games.  That doesn't happen though until, as you said, dugouts are built first and foremost.  After that some sort of grandstand needs to be built but that isn't going to happen until the money is raised.  And with the grandstand projected to cost over $1 million that might be a while.  

I'd say if you are a die hard SDSU baseball fan that you give Coach Christiansen a call and he will explain the future of the stadium to you.  
                The point here is...when the field becomes a proper venue. My point was in response to an indication by a poster that would be soon. Soon is a relative term, but IMHO we are a long ways from having that come true (unless, of course, as Filbert says, a sugar daddy shows up.) In the meantime, the point was that the field at SDSU will be a practice field for some time yet, and games will be played at Bob Shelden.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                  I see your point if the Bob is a more longer term option and the good-will with the community is important too. We may never be able to pay BHS back for those lights at CAS. How many years of use of the field do we owe them? Are they going to pony up for some more renovations? Maybe field turff would have been a better investment. The extra games do make a difference even during a year where there isn't some kind of natrual or man made disaster on the field. The soccer fields are a real nice deal too, I bet their was a lot of goodwill built with the soccer moms of Brookings, the field situated very conveniently on the south side of town.  If that student-athlete developmental center ever gets built then most likely the field on campus will probably be paved over for a new parking lot anyways.  :

This was just a rant and is by no means directed at anyone particular.
                  I believe you misunderstood Filbert's post...the Athlete Development Center is the name of the building on the Master Plan, which will be located at the northend of the football field, and will house the football locker rooms, coaches offices, weight and training rooms, student athlete study areas, etc. There have been a number of posts in regards to it on the football thread. It has nothing to do with the baseball field that is being developed on campus.

Comment

If that student-athlete developmental center ever gets built then most likely the field on campus will probably be paved over for a new parking lot anyways.
                    I believe you misunderstood Filbert's post...the Athlete Development Center is the name of the building on the Master Plan, which will be located at the northend of the football field, and will house the football locker rooms, coaches offices, weight and training rooms, student athlete study areas, etc. There have been a number of posts in regards to it on the football thread. It has nothing to do with the baseball field that is being developed on campus.
                    That comment was meant to be a full of sarcasm, because after all, there is a Master Plan which has extensively mapped out all campus improvements parking lots included. It does say how or when they'll pay for or complete it.

Comment

The student-athlete development center will most definitely impact baseball at SDSU....maybe not the field directly...but will greatly enhance baseball as a whole. Baseball offices will be moved there and it will also house the baseball locker room. Playing actual games on campus is not that far off...IMO. Once the funding for dugouts are secured & built....they can essentially play on campus. Temporary seating will be moved in until the next funding step is taken for permanent seating. Hey guys....I'm a glass half-full guy!

Comment

I agree, it will have a huge impact on the quality of practice early in the season and year round for that matter. The Barn is definetely not an ideal indoor practice facility and being this far north an indoor practice facility is a necessity.

Comment

Working...
                        X