Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Canaries Poll

Originally posted by 1bunnies
    [quote author=propar80 link=1176389357/0#11 date=1178719046][quote author=MontanaRabbit link=1176389357/0#8 date=1178674412]What are they using for bats?  Wood or metal?
    Wood...which actually put the Jacks at a disadvantage in my humble opinion.  There was at least one long ball hit by the Jacks that would have been out with Metal.[/quote]
    The Jacks had more hits than the Canaries. It doesn't say much for what kind of year SF will have.[/quote]

Overall a good showing by the Jacks. The Canaries are an enigma. They just don't win for whatever reason. Maybe it's the upper management not knowing what it takes to win or maybe it's something like the Coors Field syndrome. The entire pitching staff may lose alot of confidence pitching in those kinds of parks and probably take that on the road with them as well. Sioux Falls has had such limited success that it is kind of alarming. SDSU could have won that game with a couple of timely hits.

Comment

Re: Jacks vs. Canaries Poll

I think if the Canaries ever want to be something they will have to be affiliated. I was on the Minnesota Twins board and they thought Sioux Falls would be perfect for a Twins farm system because of the stadium, city size and being close to the Twin Cities would allow Terry Ryan and other execuatives to come watch.

I've lost faith in whatever league they are now, SD is big on Amatuer baseball and I don't see much of a difference between some amatuer teams and the canaries, very few have had any Major League or Minor League experence most are just people that don't want to say goodbye to the game. Only a select few decide to hold out and play in the non affiliated leagues. The only name I remember from the Canaries was Steve Howe and thats because my dad is a huge Yankee fan and when they played in Yankton we went and talked to him for 30 minutes after the game. And he died last year and that had to of been 10-12 years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X