Jake Rogers Drafted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Rogers Drafted!

SS Jake Rogers was drafted today by the washington nationals with the 670 pick.
    Good Luck to Jake!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=922829

A SIDENOTE, i've put up the DI individual stats of the baseball team at www.freewebs.com/sdsujacks.

Re: Jake Rogers Drafted!

Originally posted by JacksFan06
    SS Jake Rogers was drafted today by the washington nationals with the 670 pick.
    Good Luck to Jake!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=922829

A SIDENOTE, i've put up the DI individual stats of the baseball team at www.freewebs.com/sdsujacks.
    Great news, congratulations to Jake!

Comment

Congrats to Jake. The Brookings Bandits may be looking for a new assistant coach for their Legion team. Jake and Matt Bouman are assisting Rob Hirschhoff this summer.

Comment

Is he the first Jackrabbit to get drafted ever?

Comment

No, I believe Matt Magers was the last one drafted. 16th round to the Chicago Cubs in the '97 draft.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...08/1002/SPORTS

SDSU, Augie players selected in MLB draft
            Rogers is first Jack player picked in 10 years

By Terry Vandrovec
            tvandrovec@argusleader.com
            Published: June 9, 2007
            It had been 10 years since a South Dakota State baseball player was chosen in the Major League draft.

So how did shortstop Jake Rogers celebrate the end of the drought and the start of his pro career? How did he commemorate being taken in the 22nd round - 670th overall - by the Washington Nationals on Friday afternoon?

"We stopped at Dairy Queen to eat a minute ago," the 23-year old from Lewiston, Idaho, said while riding a bus bound for Pierre. "We'll just play baseball today and enjoy it."

Another area player also got a phone call Friday as Augustana product Mike Loberg was picked in the 33rd round by the San Francisco Giants.

After graduating from SDSU last month, Rogers stayed in the area on the advice of Jackrabbits coach Reggie Christiansen to work out and help with the Brookings American Legion team, and Friday's news had no bearing on tonight's Legion game. Getting drafted, however, was important for both Rogers and his alma mater, which had been absent from the Major League Baseball draft since pitcher Matt Magers was taken in the 16th round by the Chicago Cubs in 1997. . . . (read more)

Comment

I must say I am very impressed with Coach Christiansen he has done a fantastic job with the team. It has been really fun to watch the program go since he came here from Kansas. Congrats to Jake, I am sure he won't be the last Jackrabbit taken in the draft! 8-)

Go State!

Comment

Does anybody know if Jake is playing in the minors this year? He played last year for the Vermont Lake Monsters and I've tried finding any info if he made a roster this year but can't find anything on the internet.

Comment

I haven't seen that he was released. He most likely is in extended spring training and be reassigned to Vermont. Vermont is short season single a ball and won't start until after the draft.

Comment

Jake Rogers was moved up about 2 weeks ago and is now playing in full season low A ball. He is playing for the Hagerstown Suns and currently batting .133.

Comment

yeah a lot of times they will keep players who aren't ready or have an injury in extended ST too work on things, then later they call them up too fill in.

Comment

Working...
                      X