2015 MLB Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 MLB Draft

Zach Coppola was drafted in the 13th round today by the Philadelphia Phillies. Hopefully he decides to return for his senior year, but we may have seen the last of Coppola patrolling center field for the Jacks.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Re: 2015 MLB Draft

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    Zach Coppola was drafted in the 13th round today by the Philadelphia Phillies. Hopefully he decides to return for his senior year, but we may have seen the last of Coppola patrolling center field for the Jacks.
    Trust me, he won't be back. I'm happy for Zach, but really would have liked to watch him play another year. He will be very hard to replace, as he was an all-around good player and speed that doesn't come with most BB recruits. Look forward to watching his progress in the future. Go COPE!

Comment

Adam Bray is taken in the 33rd round by the Dodgers. It's the first time SDSU has had two players taken in the same draft since 1985.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

In general (yes there are a ton of exceptions), jr.'s sign especially if they are drafted in top 20 rounds. The only exception would be if they don't really want to sign him (it happens), or if medical flags are found and they won't offer a contract (similar to what happened to Treinen).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Trust me, he won't be back. I'm happy for Zach, but really would have liked to watch him play another year. He will be very hard to replace, as he was an all-around good player and speed that doesn't come with most BB recruits. Look forward to watching his progress in the future. Go COPE!
          To big of an opportunity to turn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            To big of an opportunity to turn down.

I don't think these baseball guys give a rip about this young man's education. Take it now is the only option.

Comment

Likely he will make far more money by signing now. He can work it into his contract so that they pay for his education when he is done with baseball. The thing is, he will likely have a much larger signing bonus by signing as a junior because they know he has other options. If you sign as a senior you have no other option and that's how you get paid.

Comment

You can always go to college. You get very few opportunities to make The Show. No regrets!

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                  Likely he will make far more money by signing now. He can work it into his contract so that they pay for his education when he is done with baseball. The thing is, he will likely have a much larger signing bonus by signing as a junior because they know he has other options. If you sign as a senior you have no other option and that's how you get paid.
                  I never been close to someone who was drafted, so this is insightful information. It just seems to me that MLB clubs can be picky and often they don't pick right, but in this case they have. Good luck Zach.

Comment

Adam Bray has signed with the Dodgers http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2015...jansen-nervous

not sure on the signing bonus yet

Comment

Zach Coppola has signed and been assigned to Williamsport Cross cutters their short A affiliate team that plays in the NY-Penn league

Adam Bray has been assigned to the Ogden Raptors their rookie league club in the Pioneer League

Comment

http://zozone.mlblogs.com/2015/06/15...8-draft-picks/

Coppola signed a $85,000 signing bonus, the largest ever for a SDSU baseball player passing Treinen ($52,000)

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          http://zozone.mlblogs.com/2015/06/15...8-draft-picks/

Coppola signed a $85,000 signing bonus, the largest ever for a SDSU baseball player passing Treinen ($52,000)
                          Should take care of his student loans if he had any,

Comment

The Des Moines Register has a nice article about Zach Coppola's early professional success:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...tate/31361457/
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                            X