Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fomer Jack Catcher is a SD Senate candiate for the 22 District.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fomer Jack Catcher is a SD Senate candiate for the 22 District.

I dont know how many of you remember Chris Studer a Brainard Mn native that was a very good catcher and was captain of the baseball team.Chris played 1999 to 2002. He was also All NCC first team for 2 years.

I had a chance to meet him at a legislative canditates meeting in Arlington. Arlington is, due redistricting, Is now part of District 22 which runs from Arlington on the west side to Wessington on east side. So this year all the candidates are new to me. There were only about 15 to 20 people at the meeting which was sponored by the Citizens bank of Arlingon, and many opportunities ask written questions which were handed to the moderator and the six candidates took turns answering the questions. They seem anxious to talk to voters afterwards.

I was impressed with the still athletic frame that Chris has, he never looked that big of a guy during his playing days from the stands. Of course as most former S/A, they do put on some weight after playing days are completed. But the hugh frame remains. I just cannot imagine trying to steal home with him standing on the plate. Those who did are no doubt still feeling the impact.

Since I agree with him politically I am certain to cast a vote for Chris.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 09-11-2012, 07:19 AM.

Re: Fomer Jack Catcher is a SD Senate candiate for the 22 District.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I dont know how many of you remember Chris Studer a Brainard Mn native that was a very good catcher and was captain of the baseball team.Chris played 1999 to 2002. He was also All NCC first team for 2 years.

I had a chance to meet him at a legislative canditates meeting in Arlington. Arlington is, due redistricting, Is now part of District 22 which runs from Arlington on the west side to Wessington on east side. So this year all the candidates are new to me. There were only about 15 to 20 people at the meeting which was sponored by the Citizens bank of Arlingon, and many opportunities ask written questions which were handed to the moderator and the six candidates took turns answering the questions. They seem anxious to talk to voters afterwards.

I was impressed with the still athletic frame that Chris has, he never looked that big of a guy during his playing days from the stands. Of course as most former S/A, they do put on some weight after playing days are completed. But the hugh frame remains. I just cannot imagine trying to steal home with him standing on the plate. Those who did are no doubt still feeling the impact.

Since I agree with him politically I am certain to cast a vote for Chris.
    I think, on the whole, electioneering can occur in other venues than this board.

Thanks.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
    X