Fitting End to the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting End to the Season

Seven errors in the season finale. It's a very fitting end to the season. Defensive play should be the #1 focus in the fall. Go Rabbits!

Re: Fitting End to the Season

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
    Seven errors in the season finale. It's a very fitting end to the season. Defensive play should be the #1 focus in the fall. Go Rabbits!
    Did they win, or am I asking a dumb question? Does 7 errors tell the full story?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Did they win, or am I asking a dumb question? Does 7 errors tell the full story?
      Let's put it this way, it's like allowing 100 points in a college basketball game. Not impossible to win, but highly unlikely.

It's also like shooting yourself in the foot.

Comment

Let's just say it was a team effort! Four infielders shared 6 errors. Hard game to listen to!

Comment

Harder to watch Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
            Harder to watch Roy.
            I suspect it was. Also I thought there was a Sunday game, but checking the schedule and states, it was Saturday's game which was reported on in the Argus on Sunday and the starter for this thread. For those who are too lazy to look at GoJacks.com the final score was 7 to 11, WIU. The seven errors no doubt gave the 11 runs to WIU and enough to win.

Comment

It's going to be hard to play small ball, as Coach Schrage has said he prefers, if we have one of the worst defenses in the league.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I confess,I just wanted this disappointing season to end.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  It's going to be hard to play small ball, as Coach Schrage has said he prefers, if we have one of the worst defenses in the league.
                  Well that is the great thing about college athletics. You can recruit players to play your style of ball.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    Well that is the great thing about college athletics. You can recruit players to play your style of ball.
                    Absolutely, and Coach Schrage knows that. I would point out that four of the seven came from seniors. I think Schage knows what he is looking for in recruits (we have all but two pitchers...who saw little action...back). He didn't win all those conference championships at Northern Illinois by failing to recruit the kinds of players who fit his game plan. And as a final remark on the season...an error prone defense (which was much worse for the individual players than their record last year), drops in batting averages substantially for some returning starters, and the lack of a shut-down receiver, like TV last year, in our 11 one-run losses, with 5 in the bottom of the last inning when we were leading...all made quite a decent explanation of what happened this year. The new coaches didn't ever play defense, never hit a pitch in this year's game, and had to play with the players who were here. They will (properly) get some time to move us back up the ladder. I believe they will get us up there again.

Comment

Working...
                    X