3 of 4 Needed Every Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 of 4 Needed Every Weekend

It's going to be a difficult route for the boys to qualify for the conference tourney. One game at a time needs to be the mentallity but 3 of 4 are needed every weekend. That would even their conference record @ 12-12.

1. Oakland is the hottest team in the conference.
    2. Reggie C once told me that a split @ Southern Utah is a great weekend. He said the combination of the trip and the SUU assistant coaches doing the umpiring make it a very difficult series to win.
    3. Western should be 3 of 4 w/out even showing up - but that's why you play the games.
    4. Weather can always be an issue. If you're behind the eight ball like the Rabbits are they need to play all the games.

The odds are against this team qualifying for the tournament - but you never know. Go Rabbits!

Re: 3 of 4 Needed Every Weekend

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
    It's going to be a difficult route for the boys to qualify for the conference tourney. One game at a time needs to be the mentallity but 3 of 4 are needed every weekend. That would even their conference record @ 12-12.

1. Oakland is the hottest team in the conference.
    2. Reggie C once told me that a split @ Southern Utah is a great weekend. He said the combination of the trip and the SUU assistant coaches doing the umpiring make it a very difficult series to win.
    3. Western should be 3 of 4 w/out even showing up - but that's why you play the games.
    4. Weather can always be an issue. If you're behind the eight ball like the Rabbits are they need to play all the games.

The odds are against this team qualifying for the tournament - but you never know. Go Rabbits!
    Wait, Southern Utah uses assistant coaches for umps? I didn't think this was still little league. I can't believe that is allowed. I could MAYBE see it being ok for non-conference games, but for conference games......

Comment

haha I hope with all of my heart you are serious. Ritchie Price was tossed a few years ago in Cedar City and it was quite the spectacle. The umps were fairly awful.

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Wait, Southern Utah uses assistant coaches for umps? I didn't think this was still little league. I can't believe that is allowed. I could MAYBE see it being ok for non-conference games, but for conference games......
      [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

Being in the middle of no where and with SUU funds not available for umps, what else do you do? Good luck Jacks lets take another trip to Tulsa so you can get yelled at by Old Titan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Being in the middle of no where and with SUU funds not available for umps, what else do you do? Good luck Jacks lets take another trip to Tulsa so you can get yelled at by Old Titan.
          Drop baseball, play all games on the road, or provide umps so that the umping can be as fair as possible. To think assistant coaches will be as unbiased as an unaffiliated certified ump is inaccurate. A team should not get hosed because a host school can't provide the necessary components to play games.

SDSU doesn't have a tennis facility. You don't see them striping a parking lot so we can have home tennis matches do you? You don't because they play all their matches on the road.

Comment

Well SUU doesn't even have any assistant coaches anymore so wonder who'll be calling the games? They dropped all of the coaches and have an athletic administrator "baby sitting" the players until the season is over when they are dropping baseball.

Comment

Reggie was joking about the assistant coaches standing in as umpires. He said the umpiring when you go there is usually slanted towards the home team. Go Rabbits!

Comment

Drop baseball, play all games on the road, or provide umps so that the umping can be as fair as possible. To think assistant coaches will be as unbiased as an unaffiliated certified ump is inaccurate. A team should not get hosed because a host school can't provide the necessary components to play games.

SDSU doesn't have a tennis facility. You don't see them striping a parking lot so we can have home tennis matches do you? You don't because they play all their matches on the road.
                SUU is playing their LAST SEASON of baseball, as the T-Birds discontinue the program AS THEY JOIN BIG SKY. So there are a LOT of homer reasons that the Jacks won't get handed positive results on close calls in Cedar City.

Comment

Working...
                X