Caleb Thielbar etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

Thielbar back in for another inning. Dick Bramer just noted Thielbar all-time leader in starts for "the Jackrabbits"...got the name right. He's looking good.

Comment

Bramer: This guy's a strike-throwing machine!

Comment

Official stats 2IP, 1H, 3K, 20 of 25 pitches were strikes and retired 6 of the 7 batters he faced.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Damnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a debut!!!!

Comment

witness: were you in school with Thielbar?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              witness: where you in school with Thielbar?
              Nah. He graduated from SDSU in 2009, same year I graduated from high school

Comment

Okay. I knew he was 09 but didn't know where you were in years.

Comment

Post-game interview with Gardenhire will likely include some comments on Thielbar.

Comment

Great job Theo. Stiill throwing strikes and representing the Rabbits. So pleased and proud of him.

Comment

Quite a rise in talent competition. From pitching against teams like the Canaries to pitching in the Majors in 2 years.

Comment

LaPanta says they'll be talking about Thielbar in the post-game with Gardenhire AND Caleb Thielbar. LaPanta said "first South Dakota State player to play in the majors in 85 years. Hmmm....I can think of two SDSU students I knew in college who were drafted right out of high school so didn't play for SDSU. I think--but am not positive, one played a little at the top level while the other was AAA. In any event, the distinction made is first guy who played for SDSU and then played in the Bigs in 85 years! He won't be the last. Right, 76?

Comment

Nice comments by LaPanta and Coomer. What a debut!

Comment

Here's the story about Thielbar being brought up...from the Twins official site: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_min&c_id=min

Comment

Gardy: ""Really nice, good performance coming in right off the airplane. Threw the ball really well, nice breaking ball, good fastball, nice deception. Really good performance."" Looking forward to tomorrow's Star-Tribune report on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                LaPanta says they'll be talking about Thielbar in the post-game with Gardenhire AND Caleb Thielbar. LaPanta said "first South Dakota State player to play in the majors in 85 years. Hmmm....I can think of two SDSU students I knew in college who were drafted right out of high school so didn't play for SDSU. I think--but am not positive, one played a little at the top level while the other was AAA. In any event, the distinction made is first guy who played for SDSU and then played in the Bigs in 85 years! He won't be the last. Right, 76?
                                Everything from Terry and Tyler is that he is the first fmr. South Dakota St. player to make the majors but not the first fmr. SDSU student to make the majors.

Comment

Working...
                                X