Tailgating at the Erv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating at the Erv

I've been seeing all these pics of the new ball stadium and have been getting very excited for attending some home games. Anyone think they are going to open up the parking lot for some tailgating this spring?

I understand that baseball is a non-revenue sport at almost every college but I do think that tailgating would help with people attending weekend games.

One a side note, is there anything we can do to help our cause? I know I'm not the only one who wants to bbq and throw a few back before the game.

-Homer
    [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Re: Tailgating at the Erv

I suspect that Jacks#1fan will be able to help us out with this question. Fabulous idea Homer. Can't wait until next week to see the new grandstand. Any progress on the press box?

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Jack View Post
      I've been seeing all these pics of the new ball stadium and have been getting very excited for attending some home games. Anyone think they are going to open up the parking lot for some tailgating this spring?

I understand that baseball is a non-revenue sport at almost every college but I do think that tailgating would help with people attending weekend games.

One a side note, is there anything we can do to help our cause? I know I'm not the only one who wants to bbq and throw a few back before the game.

-Homer
      I would think there would be no problem with tailgating out of your SUV or vehicle, you might contact the HPER staff, and tell him what you would like to see happen at ball games. I think they would be interested in any revenue enhencing opportunity like charging for a tailgate spot. This year is an exception in term of weather and it should draw some more spectators than usual, next year we might be battling snow until May.

Comment

I drove past the baseball stadium on my way home from work today. They have finished the seating area - installed safety railings on the steps, etc. but there has been no progress on the press-box. The press box area looks the same as in the most recent pics I posted.

Comment

Tailgating is a no go per a contact at SDSU. It is being looked into though. Can't win em all fellas. Can't win em all.
          [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

Working...
          X