Stadium completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium completion

I've heard some additional funds have come in for improvements/completion of the baseball stadium. I haven't read anything "official" on that topic. Anyone "in the know" on that?

I think this year's team is going to be another good one. I saw only one game last season but am planning on watching more this year.

Re: Stadium completion

Work will start in the spring and will include stadium seating, press box and other amenities. The department is going to continue to raise funds to complete the area by adding restrooms, and I suspect a concession area, along with improvements to the pitching areas, etc.

Initial plans were to pour the footings this fall, but it got too late and so work won't start until spring. I haven't seen the plans yet, but know a major donor has come forth, and other funds have been obtained from baseball alumni.

Comment

This is good news. Erv should be pleased.

Comment

That is great news. Nice playing surface but there are zero amenities (sp) at Erv Huether field today. Thanks to the major donor and others that will make this happen.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE JACKRABBIT FANS.

gbgbgj

Comment

The lead donor is looking for support from the baseball community to get this project done. Here's another chance for former players to step up and do their part. Will the call be answered?

Comment

TV had an article up on the donor today.

http://m.argusleader.com/sports/arti...01050028&f=708

Great for SDSU baseball to have their home completed! Thanks to Mr. Lane!

SUEPRBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

SDSU baseball gets donation for field upgrade
              Former player's gift will pay for stands, press box

11:53 PM, Jan. 4, 2012

Written by Terry Vandrovec

The South Dakota State baseball team finally will have a stadium to surround Erv Huether Field – maybe even by its home opener.

Jackrabbits athletic director Justin Sell said that former standout shortstop David Lane has made a donation to cover the cost of adding a grandstand and a press box to the playing surface that’s been in use since 2008. The on-campus stadium will seat 700 to 1,000 depending on subsequent gifts and the number of chair-back seats that are included.

Because the winter weather has been so mild, and the scope of the project is such that it doesn’t have to go through the most extensive Board of Regents approval process, there’s hope the construction can be complete in time for the Jacks’ home opener April 10. . . . (read more)

This is great news.

Go State!

Comment

David Lane....thank you. I can now attend games in comfort.

Now, who has $50M for a football stadium?
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

My thanks to Dave Lane as well.

Comment

Anyone know if they are going to release any drawings of the proposed plans? That usually gets people a little more excited, especially when they know it's going to be completed sooner rather than later.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Anyone know if they are going to release any drawings of the proposed plans? That usually gets people a little more excited, especially when they know it's going to be completed sooner rather than later.
                      And hopefully, drawings which include the things for which funds still need to be raised, and how much needs to be raised. This might help get those additional facilities paid for.
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Exactly WRJack. It is a bit frustrating when we have known about Mr. Lane's contribution since Oct. and it is just now being made public. Lets get the information out there, including drawings, and get people excited about this project.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                          And hopefully, drawings which include the things for which funds still need to be raised, and how much needs to be raised. This might help get those additional facilities paid for.
                          Additional $200,000 - $225,000.

Comment

I never knew Dave Lane personally, but he fits the SDSU advertising mantra - 'Be Great. Start Here.' He was so fun to watch play both defensively and on the base paths in the 80's. He obviously has become great in his professional world with Edward Jones, and now he is doing great things with his investment into the future of Jackrabbit baseball. Thanks Dave!

Comment

Anyone know if there are drawings online somewhere of the proposed phases for the Erv?

Comment

Working...
                              X