Jackrabbit World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit World Series

The annual fall Jackrabbit World Series kicks off today at 3:45 and continues with games at 3:45 on Thursday and Friday. Saturday's game begins at 9:45 with the final game scheduled for noon Sunday. Stop over to the Erv and get a look at this year's team and our new coaches.

Re: Jackrabbit World Series

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
    The annual fall Jackrabbit World Series kicks off today at 3:45 and continues with games at 3:45 on Thursday and Friday. Saturday's game begins at 9:45 with the final game scheduled for noon Sunday. Stop over to the Erv and get a look at this year's team and our new coaches.
    You bring the hot chocolate and peppermint schnaps I might slide over from the tailgate site Sat morning.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Deal!!

Comment

Thanks for the post, 76. I'm going to try to get over there.

Comment

Crap. I wish I would have read this thread! I thought someone was already pipe-dreaming about next spring!
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

FInal game today at noon. The Hood team won the best of 5 on Saturday, with their third win. But we've got a ton of parents here (from as far away as Texas), and so the two teams are going to battle again today for bragging rights only. Layne Somsen (son of 76Rabbit) pitched four shutout innings in the first game last Wednesday, and will take the mound today again for the Grunske team, but I'm not sure who the other starter will be. The Jacks have nine newcomer pitchers on the squad, and they have been seeing action. From my viewpoint, three have looked very good (freshman Adam Bray, Eden Prairie, MN; freshman Blake Fiedelman, Long Grove, IL; and junior college transfer Joe Ellison, Mississauga, Ontario via Connors State).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              FInal game today at noon. The Hood team won the best of 5 on Saturday, with their third win. But we've got a ton of parents here (from as far away as Texas), and so the two teams are going to battle again today for bragging rights only. Layne Somsen (son of 76Rabbit) pitched four shutout innings in the first game last Wednesday, and will take the mound today again for the Grunske team, but I'm not sure who the other starter will be. The Jacks have nine newcomer pitchers on the squad, and they have been seeing action. From my viewpoint, three have looked very good (freshman Adam Bray, Eden Prairie, MN; freshman Blake Fiedelman, Long Grove, IL; and junior college transfer Joe Ellison, Mississauga, Ontario via Connors State).
              Coach had a bunch of recruits in town too. How do I know? They filled a large table at Perkins for breakfast.

Comment

I agree Jacks#1. I got a pretty good look at a few of these guys. I think were going to be fine come spring.

Comment

I had a ton of fun last year watching the Jacks in Sioux Falls at the conference tourney. unfortunately that will be in Oklahoma again, but I do hope to be able to attend a few home games this year.

Comment

I'll bet that was fun to watch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming season schedule.

Hey, NoVaJack: take note of Lane Somsen...some of that good Hamlin County baseball lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I'll bet that was fun to watch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming season schedule.

Hey, NoVaJack: take note of Lane Somsen...some of that good Hamlin County baseball lineage.
                      Wish I would have gotten just a little bit more of that. I hope Layne can stay healthy and be the ace of this staff. He'll certainly work his but off. FYI, he was a heck of a place kicker in high school as well.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Still have that baseball waiting for the first "W" this spring MD? Fingers crossed.

Comment

Don't want to start a new thread...so will just make a comment here about questions that have been raised in regards to improvements at the baseball field. Their is a donor in place with funds that will provide a lot (but not all) of what is needed at the field. Gravel/Sand was hauled in during the SDSU World Series in anticipation of pouring footings, but a decision has since been made that this will need to be put off until next year. The funds available will provide for the seating (I believe it is 750 seats) and press box, along with concrete etc. to clean up the whole area outside the field. The department is putting together a challenge fund to ask other baseball alumni and or others interested in baseball, to add all the finishing touches (inclluding restrooms, batting cage areas, and other items that will make it a compete project). If the Jacks can win or play in the finals of the conference tournament at Tulsa next spring, I would think they would get the tournament in 2013 since ORU is leaving the conference. Huether Field will be ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Don't want to start a new thread...so will just make a comment here about questions that have been raised in regards to improvements at the baseball field. Their is a donor in place with funds that will provide a lot (but not all) of what is needed at the field. Gravel/Sand was hauled in during the SDSU World Series in anticipation of pouring footings, but a decision has since been made that this will need to be put off until next year. The funds available will provide for the seating (I believe it is 750 seats) and press box, along with concrete etc. to clean up the whole area outside the field. The department is putting together a challenge fund to ask other baseball alumni and or others interested in baseball, to add all the finishing touches (inclluding restrooms, batting cage areas, and other items that will make it a compete project). If the Jacks can win or play in the finals of the conference tournament at Tulsa next spring, I would think they would get the tournament in 2013 since ORU is leaving the conference. Huether Field will be ready!
                            Thanks Jack#1fan, I will not be a jerk and ask you for a source of information, its no doubt a very good source and its money in the bank until we pay the contractor for his work.

Comment

Working...
                            X