UND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND

Jacks go down 5-2 to the Sioux in today's game. I don't know what Sioux had for games coming up, but it was evident that Ritchie wasn't going to do anything to upset our four-game battle with IPFW starting Thursday. We didn't play starters Zach Briggs, Joel Blake, Jesse Sawyer, Billy Stitz and Beau Hanowski. For pitching, we went by committee, with Marcus Heemstra (4.2 innings, shut them out the first four innings, but then allowed four runs...2 unearned) and was replaced by Shane Kraemer (0.1, gave up a double but got the last batter in the inning out). Austin Busse then came in (1.1, giving up 2 hits and 1 run, 1 SO), was replaced by Alex Oberle (1.0, 1 SO), and Verm pitched the last two outs, giving up a hit, and one strikeout).

I'm not particulary fond of these mid-week games when we are in conference play, especially when we have to start the important series on Thursday this week.

Re: UND

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Jacks go down 5-2 to the Sioux in today's game. I don't know what Sioux had for games coming up, but it was evident that Ritchie wasn't going to do anything to upset our four-game battle with IPFW starting Thursday. We didn't play starters Zach Briggs, Joel Blake, Jesse Sawyer, Billy Stitz and Beau Hanowski. For pitching, we went by committee, with Marcus Heemstra (4.2 innings, shut them out the first four innings, but then allowed four runs...2 unearned) and was replaced by Shane Kraemer (0.1, gave up a double but got the last batter in the inning out). Austin Busse then came in (1.1, giving up 2 hits and 1 run, 1 SO), was replaced by Alex Oberle (1.0, 1 SO), and Verm pitched the last two outs, giving up a hit, and one strikeout).

I'm not particulary fond of these mid-week games when we are in conference play, especially when we have to start the important series on Thursday this week.
    I think we play these to give us northern schools some home games since the weather is only good during the conference season.
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Re: UND

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

It's important to get the underclassman some gametime experience.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
      X