IPFW looking to Bolt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW looking to Bolt???

I don't like the Big Sky idea. I normally listen to the games or try to see the scores on the news but with the time difference, I't would keep me up much later on a regular basis. That on top of travel and other things would be a downgrade(in my opinion).
    I like the quote, "but the competition level in most sports would go up considerably." Does that just mean that since they are playing schools that are closer, it would be more intense? It talks about how competitive they are with the Horizon League. If I'm not mistaken, IPFW is competitive in softball, women's tennis and volleyball. The other sports are in the lower half(or close to it) in the conference.
    I think this is all talk. I know that the travel will increase with the 4 Dakota schools but the league is getting much stronger by adding these schools. I think after a few years, when the 4 Dakota schools have been in it for several years, the Summit league will be as strong as ever. I don't know about getting teams to the Sweet 16 but the 4 Dakota schools will be well rounded and solid in most sports.

Comment

You guys are right, I am wrong.

I have been over this conference thing ad nauseum over the past year. The big thing when looking at this is geography. Heck, that's why the BSC didn't add us the first (or second or third) time. My post was a shortsighted, not thought out and through SDSU blue and yellow glasses. But the geography doesn't work here.

Of course the Dakota schools are going to be easy to please when we have 4 schools in a 6 hour radius. I just hope the Summit can improve and thrive and prosper. It probably serves us best now. I mean, in how many other conferences would we have the success we've had already?

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
        It probably serves us best now. I mean, in how many other conferences would we have the success we've had already?
        Like being able to host the B-ball tournament!

Comment

Working...
        X