X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison get another b-ball recruit

http://www.newstrib.com/articles/spo...88Dakota+State

Re: Bison get another b-ball recruit

Baxter will be just the second area boys basketball player to sign with a Division I school in the last 10 years along with 2006 Putnam County graduate Carlton Fay.
    NDSU was the Division I school that pursued Baxter the most. He made an official visit to Fargo in early October, and Baxter said that NDSU continued to talk to him throughout the season.
    “A lot of Division I schools weren’t talking to me for while. I thought about it. I had people tell me to wait it out a little bit longer and see what happens. It’s a good thing I listened to them. That is what happened. I got a Division I offer.”
    The choice for Baxter came down to NDSU or playing close to home at Elmhurst College, a Division III school.

Sounds like this kid wasn't exactly the Bison's first option and might be a bit of a reach. One never knows though, he could turn out to be a solid player.

Comment

Re: Bison get another b-ball recruit

Kid has the size and can play the 1 or 2 and possibly the 3 if need be. He apparently can shot too. He's a little skinny and will need to put on some muscle. Looks like he will likely redshirt.

Comment

Working...
      X