Summit League Officials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Officials

I thought I had seen it all last year when the women's game vs. Centenary was played with a men's ball for 30 minutes...but that one got trumped on Monday night vs. Oral Roberts. In the final minutes, after the Jacks made a bucket, Voelker from ORU grabs the ball as it goes thru the net...then looks around as everyone, officials included, run back to the ORU end of the court. She then proceeds to just dribble the ball up the court herself as if she got a rebound. Let's just say AJ was a little heated. How in the sam hell with 3 officials is something like that even possible
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Summit League Officials

Was that what AJ was talking about in his Tweet?

"For those at the game last night, ORU did get the ball inbounded correctly...the officials had it exactly right. I was wrong on that one." AJ

Comment

Yes, that is what the tweet was about. I assume AJ reviewed the tape and saw what was needed for the out-of-bounds. I would love to see the tape so I could see what happened, because I also thought there was no way it was taken out. My question now is, does AJ face any disciplinary action because from where I sat it looked like he grabbed the one official's arm to get his attention. Now, a review of the tape may indicate he did not make contact, just like the review of the tape indicated they took the ball out of bounds.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        Yes, that is what the tweet was about. I assume AJ reviewed the tape and saw what was needed for the out-of-bounds. I would love to see the tape so I could see what happened, because I also thought there was no way it was taken out. My question now is, does AJ face any disciplinary action because from where I sat it looked like he grabbed the one official's arm to get his attention. Now, a review of the tape may indicate he did not make contact, just like the review of the tape indicated they took the ball out of bounds.
        I'm with you. I could swear nobody took it out, but if the video shows differently, so be it. And yes, I too saw AJ grab the red headed refs left arm...don't know what will come of that.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I was in press row and it looked like he grabbed his butt... but then I've been accused of not knowing my butt from my elbow!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            I'm with you. I could swear nobody took it out, but if the video shows differently, so be it. And yes, I too saw AJ grab the red headed refs left arm...don't know what will come of that.
            I saw one of the ORU players pass it in to #11 (who usually was the player in charge of taking it out). I think#11 was confused on what she should do, since she usually was in-bounds passer, that is why I think everyone was up in arms.

Comment

Working...
            X