• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU suspends Flowers indefinitely

Saw this in the Fargo paper

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/264289/

Re: NDSU suspends Flowers indefinitely

Looks like things are getting a little thin north of the border.

"The suspension leaves North Dakota State with 10 active players. Freshman guard Mike Felt has missed four straight games with a foot injury and junior guard Freddy Coleman is out for the season with a torn Achille"

Comment

<sarcasm>Hey, who doesn't supplement their income by shoplifting every now and then...</sarcasm>

Funny thing is a lot of Bison fans are excited at the unlikely prospect that Royce White could end up at NDSU.

Seriously, at what point do people start to ask questions of the Athletic Director at NDSU? Multiple problems on the football team, and now this. Yikes.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        <sarcasm>Hey, who doesn't supplement their income by shoplifting every now and then...</sarcasm>

Funny thing is a lot of Bison fans are excited at the unlikely prospect that Royce White could end up at NDSU.

Seriously, at what point do people start to ask questions of the Athletic Director at NDSU? Multiple problems on the football team, and now this. Yikes.
        The AD doesn't sit around and babysit players all day. Saul certainly doesn't have a problem with the players he brings in outside of this bozo, who has already been suspended once this season. Kid couldn't get the message and is done. To no surprise the team played their best game of the season without him.

Please, the only person that wants White is Lakes and his posse.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

It would be funny if they kick one player off the team for shoplifting and than bring in Royce White, who was kicked off his team for shoplifting.

But seriously, what a bad year for NDSU so far. Horrible football team with multiple suspensions for DUI's and kicked players off for Marijuana. Men's basketball team kicks player off for shoplifting and most likely won't do much this year. Volleyball dominates conference only to come up short and lose in the conference tourney.
          But at least they have track to look forward to.

Comment

Its one thing if a freshman gets caught lifting a 6 pack from the liquor store, its another thing when a senior gets caught shop lifting from the local sporting goods store....

Comment

who cares, this kid never stepped up for ndsu, its actually refreshing to free up his scholarship before the spring semster in my opinion. Any problems at ndsu arent directly associated to coaches/ad. just kids having some beers, a california back qb smoking weed, and a california juco that isnt that bright apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                who cares, this kid never stepped up for ndsu, its actually refreshing to free up his scholarship before the spring semster in my opinion. Any problems at ndsu arent directly associated to coaches/ad. just kids having some beers, a california back qb smoking weed, and a california juco that isnt that bright apparently.
                I agree with the part that I don't think that just because of a few minors, a few kids smoking weed and a DUI or 2 makes the program a bad program.... however it is never good when student athletes are charged for a crime, no matter how small it is..... like I said before too, its one thing when a freshman gets a minor or a petty theft, its another thing when a senior gets caught, by the time you are 22-23 years old you should possess enough brain power to know what to do and what not to do....

Comment

Like I said, he was suspended once before, didn't get the message. The guy had plenty of ability but he seemed to only play when he wanted to play. He is probably one of the reasons why Saul doesn't like bringing in JUCO players.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    It would be funny if they kick one player off the team for shoplifting and than bring in Royce White, who was kicked off his team for shoplifting.
                    Royce White didn't get kicked off the team. It's being reported that White attended practice Thursday (12/31/09) morning.
                    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/804...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Comment

What I want to know is how a 6 foot 7 inch 220 pound basketball player on the local recent high profile (coming off last years NCAA appearance), expects to get away with stealing something from a local athletic store.

He had to know that probably a majority of people in the store (assuming it was the fargo scheels, haven't read the complete story) knew who he was and probably noticed he was in there.

Also, was it NDSU gear he stole? How ironic would that be?
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

no one knows, it was about as stupid as royce white stealing from the biggest mall in the world!

Comment

I for one am not smirking and clapping about this incident. Its unfortunate for Mr. Flowers and for NDSU and I suppose for Scheels. I am sure Scheels would like to be in the news for other things other than a student athlete being nabbed for shoplifting. No one wins here especially Mr. Flowers since he made a horrible choice.

We were going through something similar not to long ago so its not right to be looking for our high horse. For NDSU this was a rebuilding year to begin with and they had some low points already on the court, such as the game with Dickenson State, NAIA instate team, and now to have this plus probably loosing Micheal Felt to injury, its not going to be a good year for Saul Phillips.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 01-02-2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

All I think of when I hear this story is running a snowblower up a gravel driveway while living in a house with transparent breakable walls. May not bite you today, but it will sometime.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              What I want to know is how a 6 foot 7 inch 220 pound basketball player on the local recent high profile (coming off last years NCAA appearance), expects to get away with stealing something from a local athletic store.
                              Ummm, you're 6'7". Everyone can see you.

I guess from the limited amount I saw him last year in the game against SDSU, I really didn't see him as being that great of a player for them this year. Maybe he had an off game when they played here.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                              X