Oaklands Benson whips KU's Aldrich...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oaklands Benson whips KU's Aldrich...

Just finished watching the Kansas-Oakland game.

Wow, Benson absolutely schooled Alrdich. Aldrich (from the cities) was considered a lottery pick had he come out LAST year and is widely considered a top 3-5 big man right now. Aldrich started 0-5 and finished w/ just 4 points. Benson looked great...5-5 on FT's, made a couple outside shots....4 blocks in the first half....dribbled outside, even went btw the legs....I think he finished something like 20/8/5. No doubt Benson is an NBA player and if he plays like he did last night all year he'll easily be the Summit POTY. Nelson also had close to twenty and looked solid.

The Kansas announcers called Benson the best player KU has seen this year. They also gave alot of props to Oakland. Five-plus times they talked about what a good team they were and how they were faves in the Summit.

Bill Self said, prior to the game, that if KU didn't come out and get after it they could lose this game.

Re: Oaklands Benson whips KU's Aldrich...

so did they lose? Score?

Comment

89 - 59 Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
        Just finished watching the Kansas-Oakland game.

Wow, Benson absolutely schooled Alrdich. Aldrich (from the cities) was considered a lottery pick had he come out LAST year and is widely considered a top 3-5 big man right now. Aldrich started 0-5 and finished w/ just 4 points. Benson looked great...5-5 on FT's, made a couple outside shots....4 blocks in the first half....dribbled outside, even went btw the legs....I think he finished something like 20/8/5. No doubt Benson is an NBA player and if he plays like he did last night all year he'll easily be the Summit POTY. Nelson also had close to twenty and looked solid.

The Kansas announcers called Benson the best player KU has seen this year. They also gave alot of props to Oakland. Five-plus times they talked about what a good team they were and how they were faves in the Summit.

Bill Self said, prior to the game, that if KU didn't come out and get after it they could lose this game.
        Benson shooting FT's always makes me think of one of the games at the Summit League tournament last year. Benson couldn't make a FT to save his life and had just missed another and it was pretty silent in the Arena and Kampe screams out "Benson, make a free throw!" It was a "you had to be there" deal but it was pretty funny. Kampe is quite the character to watch during games.

I was suprised this game was not closer, even though KU is #1 in the country.

Comment

Aldrich has struggled at the beginning of this year. I can say that because I have watched all their games and their exhibitions and he is just not starting out well. Hopefully he will be able to pick it up as the Big XII season approaches.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
          X