weak summit (WBB) again??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weak summit (WBB) again??

IUPUI gets beat by Akron in thier season opener 63-49 .Akron finished last season 6-10 in the Mid American east conf.Oakland gets beat in thier season opener also 74-65 against Detroit ,who finished 7-11 in the Horizon league.Either both these non conference opponents improved greatly from last year ,or it looks like another weak year in the Summit.Hope the rest of the way , things improve some so the conferense can claim some respect.

Re: weak summit again??

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    IUPUI gets beat by Akron in thier season opener 63-49 .Akron finished last season 6-10 in the Mid American east conf.Oakland gets beat in thier season opener also 74-65 against Detroit ,who finished 7-11 in the Horizon league.Either both these non conference opponents improved greatly from last year ,or it looks like another weak year in the Summit.Hope the rest of the way , things improve some so the conferense can claim some respect.
    Strong non-con play is critical for the leagues over all success. Not a good start, the league I think is a work in progress.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Well the Bison should be better, here is a pretty good take from WDAY sports anchor Steve Hallstrom...

The Bison graduate just one player from last year's 16-13 team in starting center Jeri Penley, and I think NDSU has a legitimate chance to make a run at 20 wins. Ashley Samuelson looks quicker, and very determined. Katie Birkel has a year under her belt and should be a dynamic player on both ends. Inger Hodgson looks strong in the early going, and Abby Plucker gives them some offense returning from an injury. I really like what I see from Janae Burich. She's more than just 6-5, she's got a nice skill set. Really surprised she didn't go high major somewhere, but she hasn't played great competition yet. Dani DeGagne also looks like a flat out baller. Just watching her walk on the court you see something unique in her. Coach's kid and seems very smart in addition to being pretty athletically gifted. Hannah Linz is slight but seems quite skilled. A couple years in the weight room should really help her. Future is bright, but the now is pretty good too. Bison will play at least 30 games this season. I'll say something in the 19-11 neighborhood sounds about right, with a spot in the Summit League semifinals.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        Well the Bison should be better, here is a pretty good take from WDAY sports anchor Steve Hallstrom...
        I have no doubt that NDSU will be a much better team this year.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

We will not lose a conference game this year and will go in to the Tournamant wiith a 10 seed and make it to the sweet 16! We only have to compete aganist ourselves in practice and win 30 games again!

We will not be touched!

Comment

NDSU played Depaul today,got 21 pts. behind , but outscored them in the second half , closing to within seven, but it proved too much of a gap to make up & lost by 12.They might be our stiffest competition this year instead of Oakland

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              NDSU played Depaul today,got 21 pts. behind , but outscored them in the second half , closing to within seven, but it proved too much of a gap to make up & lost by 12.They might be our stiffest competition this year instead of Oakland
              I watched the games final minutes tonight and thought they looked pretty good, but yes the 25 point hole they had to dig out of was too much. I'm optimistic we will be ok not great but its building.
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Pretty much expected NDSU to rise back up in WBB. It will improve the Summit league, which is good news for all.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Re: weak summit (WBB) again??

Moved to Summit League section and edited thread title . . .

LSU kerblasticates Centenary 92-19.
                  Kansas beats ORU 106-80 (we'll call that a near-kerblastication).
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I have to disagree filbert. I don't think a 26 point margin qualifies as a near-kerblasictaion. Its more like a slight-kerblastication.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Might I suggest kerblastification as a better nominalization?

Comment

woooo veeee mama

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          Might I suggest kerblastification as a better nominalization?
                          You are in fact correct sir. I mis-typed my other post.

The general case is kerblastification.

However, the "fic" syllable gets dropped for most "normal" kerblastications. So your team might get kerblasticated. You might kerblasticate someone else. A particularly bad kerblastification (as in LSU-Centenary) can be a kerblastificacaration, but that gets really hard to pronounce let alone spell after a beer or three. And contains the word fragment "caca" which more than adequately describes the performance of the losing team.

It's a very irregular verb, it seems. To kerblastificate is to really, REALLY kerblasticate someone, I think.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            You are in fact correct sir. I mis-typed my other post.

The general case is kerblastification.

However, the "fic" syllable gets dropped for most "normal" kerblastications. So your team might get kerblasticated. You might kerblasticate someone else. A particularly bad kerblastification (as in LSU-Centenary) can be a kerblastificacaration, but that gets really hard to pronounce let alone spell after a beer or three. And contains the word fragment "caca" which more than adequately describes the performance of the losing team.

It's a very irregular verb, it seems. To kerblastificate is to really, REALLY kerblasticate someone, I think.
                            Now this explanation has me travelling a tripendicular path as I try to understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              tripendicular
                              An equilateral triangle on a sphere, where the three sides are each 1/4 of the circumference of the sphere, will have three perpendicular corners (imagine a triangle drawn on a globe, with the equator for a base, and two legs at the prime meridian and 90deg. W)

Non-euclidean geometry is fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X