NDSU golf recruit in US Junior finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU golf recruit in US Junior finals

Amy Anderson, who will join NDSU's golf team this fall with her brother, is 36 holes away from winning the Junior title. Another Dakota golfer, Kimmy Kaufman from Clark, SD, also participated in the match play tournament and made it to the quarterfinals. Unfortunately for both our programs, Kaufman is heading to Texas Tech this fall. Amy also was this year's stroke-play medalist(she had the best score of all the qualifiers). Amy will take the course for her first 18 holes Sat morning at 7:00 am CST(if I'm reading the website right).

Re: NDSU golf recruit in US Junior finals

And Amy wins the US Junior Open. I know Amy's brother will be receiving the first full scholarship the NDSU men's golf team has ever awarded. I think Amy might also be receiving the first women's full ride. NDSU golf as a contender? This just feels weird. Very good, but weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
      And Amy wins the US Junior Open. I know Amy's brother will be receiving the first full scholarship the NDSU men's golf team has ever awarded. I think Amy might also be receiving the first women's full ride. NDSU golf as a contender? This just feels weird. Very good, but weird.
      Reading over at Bisonville, yes Amy will be on a full ride at NDSU. But may be academic, rather the athletic.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Reading over at Bisonville, yes Amy will be on a full ride at NDSU. But may be academic, rather the athletic.
        She's definitely getting a full ride, I'm just not sure if she's the first to get one in the history of the program like her brother. Until Nathan, NDSU men's golf had less than one full scholarship to spread around the team. Women's golf has been approaching the DI maximum of 6, but I don't know how the money's been divided. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          She's definitely getting a full ride, I'm just not sure if she's the first to get one in the history of the program like her brother. Until Nathan, NDSU men's golf had less than one full scholarship to spread around the team. Women's golf has been approaching the DI maximum of 6, but I don't know how the money's been divided. Sorry for the confusion.
          Read the Amy interview from the USGA website. Amy's a great get for NDSU. But from Oxbow, ND, if she went anywhere else, it'd be like someone from Volga not choosing SDSU.

Congrats to Amy, and to NDSU. They may be much more competitive in golf with Amy on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Read the Amy interview from the USGA website. Amy's a great get for NDSU. But from Oxbow, ND, if she went anywhere else, it'd be like someone from Volga not choosing SDSU.

Congrats to Amy, and to NDSU. They may be much more competitive in golf with Amy on the team.
            Thats a good analogy and Oxbow is closer to the Red River than Volga is to the Big Sioux. In fact Oxbow got a good dose of the Red this spring so Amy did not get on the local course in March. She seems to be an excellant golfer and could end up making a living from golf if she gets some more breaks down the road.

Comment

I could've thrown this in smack(along with some comment about our girls beating your boys), but I'll play nice.

After competing in the Junior PGA Championship and the US Women's Amateur, Amy is finishing up her summer competition by playing in the Pine to Palm tournament in Detroit Lakes, MN. She is the first female to ever make the championship flight in this match-play tournament, and she made it to the semifinals by defeating SDSU senior golfer Justin Jenkins. Fellow SDSU teammate, senior Kyle Vandevoort, was knocked out of the championship flight in the first round.

It's going to be fun following Bison golf this year.

Comment

Amy may come to dominate Summit golf quickly. Sounds like she has a good killer instinct, and talent.

Comment

Working...
                X