Summit League Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Transfers

I just noticed a few Summit league teams have been crushed by transfers. Redus was a very good player for Centenary. Reggie Hamilton btw is going to Oakland.

Femi Akinpetide, 6-6, F, Fr., UMKC
    Fred Ford, 5-11, G, Fr., UMKC
    Reggie Hamilton, 6-0, G, Soph., UMKC
    James Humphrey, 6-7, F, Soph., UMKC
    Matt Samuels, 6-0, G, Fr., Oakland
    Cory Davis, 5-11, G, Jr., SUU
    Mike Josserand, 6-0, G, Soph., SUU
    Jake Nielsen, 6-3, SG, Fr., SUU
    Gary Redus Jr., 6-6, G, Soph., Centenary
    Andre Hardy, 6-6, F, So., ORU

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs..._TRANSFER_LIST

Re: Summit League Transfers

Isn't SUU"s Josserand the guy who has a resemblance to "McLovin" from the (really sophomoric) movie "Super Bad"?

Comment

Hamilton to Oakland could make them very dangerous....does he have to sit out a year?

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      I just noticed a few Summit league teams have been crushed by transfers. Redus was a very good player for Centenary. Reggie Hamilton btw is going to Oakland.

Femi Akinpetide, 6-6, F, Fr., UMKC
      Fred Ford, 5-11, G, Fr., UMKC
      Reggie Hamilton, 6-0, G, Soph., UMKC
      James Humphrey, 6-7, F, Soph., UMKC
      Matt Samuels, 6-0, G, Fr., Oakland
      Cory Davis, 5-11, G, Jr., SUU
      Mike Josserand, 6-0, G, Soph., SUU
      Jake Nielsen, 6-3, SG, Fr., SUU
      Gary Redus Jr., 6-6, G, Soph., Centenary
      Andre Hardy, 6-6, F, So., ORU

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs..._TRANSFER_LIST
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Wow 4 from UMKC and 3 from SUU, that seems like a real set back for both schools. Makes one wonder whats all going on in each case. Also is Jake Nielsen, SUU the one that made the desparation shot to rob SDSU from a road victory?

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Hamilton to Oakland could make them very dangerous....does he have to sit out a year?
          DI to DI would have to sit out a year. As sad as it sounds, I can't remember if that year is lost towards eligibility.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If he has already redshirted, it will also count towards a year of eligibility. If he did not redshirt, he can use the year off as a redshirt season.

This could be wrong, but this is how I remember it last time something like this was brought up.

Comment

You are correct gojacksgo. Also, if you transfer after first semester you are eligible to play the next year, start of 2nd semester.

Also, most conferences make kids sit out TWO years if they wish to transfer to another school in conference, which I think is a very good idea, for severa reasons. Apparently the Summit does not share my opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                You are correct gojacksgo. Also, if you transfer after first semester you are eligible to play the next year, start of 2nd semester.

Also, most conferences make kids sit out TWO years if they wish to transfer to another school in conference, which I think is a very good idea, for severa reasons. Apparently the Summit does not share my opinion on this.
                Not sure that I have heard of conferences making transfers sit two years - that would cost at least one year of eligibilty since you only have 5 years to complete your 4 years of competition. I do know that if you transfer within the Big 10 that you cannot get any scholarship dollars at the second school.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Not sure that I have heard of conferences making transfers sit two years - that would cost at least one year of eligibilty since you only have 5 years to complete your 4 years of competition. I do know that if you transfer within the Big 10 that you cannot get any scholarship dollars at the second school.
                  I think with transfers within a given conference, its more about giving a release from the orginal letter of intent that the student athlete has signed. Once the release its given, I would tend to think NCAA regulations kick in. I have never heard of two years, and I agree with bigticket, it works against the student athlete academic progress, which is a bigger deal at the D1 level then it is at D2.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Isn't SUU"s Josserand the guy who has a resemblance to "McLovin" from the (really sophomoric) movie "Super Bad"?
                    Yes, Josserand is McLovin.

http://www.suutbirds.com/ViewArticle...&Q_SEASON=2007

Comment

WOW, is it nice to not be a part of that list!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I have never heard of two years, and I agree with bigticket, it works against the student athlete academic progress, which is a bigger deal at the D1 level then it is at D2.
                        Maybe not sitting out two years, but I think some or most major conferences you lose two years eligibility.

Example: Luke Axtell
                        Luke played as a true frosh at Texas in '97-'98. After that year he transfered, in conference, to Kansas. Normally, since he didn't use his redshirt, he would be able to use his redshirt year for his transfer year and be a Sophmore wherever he transfered to. Since it was in conference he lost two years and when he was eligible to play at KU in '99-'00 he was a Junior.

Comment

As you will see in this link, several conferences (the majority?) make you lose two years of eligibility (lose one, sit one) when transfering in conference. The Summit is one of the few who only make you lose one year. http://compliance.pac-10.org/ccacait...ctransfers.pdf

Conferences where you lose two years for transfering in conference;

ACC, C-USA, Mtn West, Pac-10, Sun Belt, WAC, America East, Atlantic-10, Big West, Colonial, Mideastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot and Southland

Comment

As you will see in this link, several conferences (the majority?) make you lose two years of eligibility (lose one, sit one) when transfering in conference. The Summit is one of the few who only make you lose one year. http://compliance.pac-10.org/ccacait...ctransfers.pdf

Conferences where you lose two years for transfering in conference;

ACC, C-USA, Mtn West, Pac-10, Sun Belt, WAC, America East, Atlantic-10, Big West, Colonial, Mideastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot and Southland
                            Thanks.

Comment

Maybe not sitting out two years, but I think some or most major conferences you lose two years eligibility.

Example: Luke Axtell
                              Luke played as a true frosh at Texas in '97-'98. After that year he transfered, in conference, to Kansas. Normally, since he didn't use his redshirt, he would be able to use his redshirt year for his transfer year and be a Sophmore wherever he transfered to. Since it was in conference he lost two years and when he was eligible to play at KU in '99-'00 he was a Junior.
                              Tea, it may be because I am slow, but I don't follow this as two years out.

97-98 Texas
                              98-99 Transfer
                              99-00 KU

That seems to me to be one year. What am I missing?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X