Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU wins Summit League Sportsmanship Award

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/90603022

OH YAH! We won the sportsmanship award so everyone else can suck it!!!!

(Disclaimer: For those who don't appreciate irony as much as I do, this is a joke)
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: SDSU wins Summit League Sportsmanship Award

I am particularly proud of this award. It shows that SDSU athletic programs are being recognized by their attitude and character as well as by their achievements "between the lines".

Sportsmanship seems to be at a premium these days, but I'm pleased that it is alive and well in Jackrabbit Athletics. And I'm even more pleased that the representatives of the Summit League who gave out this award see that quality front and center in SDSU athletic participants.

Again I'll strongly state that the greatest lessons of playing sports are: 1) Learning to work as a part of a team; 2) Learning to deal with adversity; 3) Learning how to be classy in victory as well as in defeat.

We all lose at times in sports and in life. No one expects competitors to be happy when you lose, but you have to have enough character to pick yourself back up after a defeat and tip your cap to your opponent. Then get back to work and figure out how you can work harder and make yourself or your team better so you can win the next challenge.

Contratulations to all who contributed to showing the Summit League what a class act our athletes, coaches and administrators can be.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

mackenzie casey

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
        mackenzie casey
        And yet SDSU still won the award. What does that say about the reputation around the league for . . . oh . . . NDSU's sportsmanship, for instance?

The more you bring it up, buddy, the worse you look. You don't seem to understand that.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

this WORSE I look?

mac casey is the one that came out onto the concession area with his shirt off yelling "ill take any of you mo fo's"

how does this make me look worse?

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
            this WORSE I look?

mac casey is the one that came out onto the concession area with his shirt off yelling "ill take any of you mo fo's"

how does this make me look worse?
            This user has been banned for persistently smacking in non-smack forums (which does not include the discussion in this thread, by the way). However, other users will do the moderators a favor by not responding further to any of his posts.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There is a God after all!!! Thanks Filbert.

Comment

Working...
              X