Interesting NDSU stats....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting NDSU stats....

Too bad they didn't let the Bison play in a bowl game to complete their perfect season 2007. Oh snap, that's right the Jackrabbits took care of that little issue. That is an interesting stat if you ask me.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[QUOTE=bison8xchamp;120531]
      Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Exactly. An SDSU team that BEAT NDSU in 2007.

keep gloating over your 2 superfan moments.....beating NDSU

its a BIG TEN team in their HOUSE. doesn't matter if they are bad or not. they are still a big ten bcs team. still pretty proud to be on the same list as app st. over michigan and boise state over oklahoma in the fiesta bowl.

also notice the list below of how many FBS teams that have 1 or none wins against BCS teams....like minnesota

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...=upsets/080905
      I'm in the middle on the NDSU win. It is impressive to beat a FBS team on the road but Minnesota was bad that year. Their only win was in 3 OT's over Miami(Ohio). They also lost to Florida Atlantic that year.
      SDSU laid an egg against Iowa State. I don't know if Berry played a worse game in his whole career.
      As for that list, it is interesting. I like how he said, NDSU was like a DII school. NDSU was a middle to upper FCS team, when they played DII. NDSU went 10-1 that year playing D-I teams. I think the reason he put them on that list is because he had/has no clue how good NDSU was/is. I know he didn't, I just don't know if he still doesn't know.
      You have a lower(NDSU) 10-1 team beating a higher(Minnesota) 1-10 team. It's a 1st(for NDSU/SDSU) but to put it with some of those other wins is a little over the top.

Comment

Hey, be nice to HandoEX, at least if he states something he tries to back it up with actual statistics and perspective
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          I know what you're saying, and I think all Bison fans can understand (save for a special few). The point I was making is that the op seemed to infer that since our returning players didn't produce stats, they must be less than quality players. My point is that even a really good bball player would not get many opportunities when the guys in front of them are superstars, so I think it's unfair to judge NDSU's returning players that sat behind the best players in school history before they get their chance to be the go-to guys.

I agree with a lot of this. My question is about their playing time.
          At first, I thought NDSU just played their studs to run up their stats. Then I looked back and NDSU played their bench on games that they got up by more than 25. A couple games, their starters didn't play more than half the game. I look at them playing 30+ minutes and think that they must have played about all the minutes in the close games. It will be interesting to see who steps up in crunch time. There may be upperclassmen but they don't have much experience playing in crunch time.
          I think NDSU will be around 5-6 in the conference. I think 3 is a little high. They played several close games with the "big 3" and now they are gone. If these players aren't as good as the ones that left, they'll struggle in the close games. I'm not saying they'll be terrible but just a little lower than some. Of course, I see SDSU around 3rd.
          Biased, I don't think so but that's me judging my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Hey, be nice to HandoEX, at least if he states something he tries to back it up with actual statistics and perspective
            Forgot the 1-1 tie on conference championships.....

Comment

Working...
            X