No announcement yet.

New Sioux Falls events center update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Sioux Falls events center update...

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
    It is time to get rid of HOWARD WOOD FIELD!

All the High Schools in town need to just build their own staduim like Harisburg, O'Gorman, Sioux Falls Christian and then nobody need to play at Howard Wood. Tear it down and put the Events Stadium right there!

End of Story! Can I get an Amen?
    Isn't Howard Wood Field owned by the school district--meaning that the high schools in town already have their own stadium, Howard Wood Field.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Renovate Howard Wood for the Public High Schools and build the new Events Center downtown!

Comment

The Sioux Falls public schools do have their own football fields, but are not built to handle the crowds a varsity game would attract. And I doubt in today's economy the district would want to shell out money to increase the capacity of even one of the fields.

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        I think concert promoters might be (IMO, legitimately) concerned about Sioux Falls' proximity to Omaha (although Fargo is about as close to the cities).

It may also turn Fargo & Sioux Falls into competitors for the same acts. It seems hard to imagine that, for instance, Bruce Springsteen would schedule dates in -both- Fargo & Sioux Falls.....
        Just a side note: Sugarland is playing Fargo, Minneapolis AND Bismark all this weekend.

If given a choice between playing the cavernous Fargodome vs a newer more intimate arena in a city he's never been to before, my money says Springsteen would come to Sioux Falls. And I would be first in line for tickets!
        "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Isn't Howard Wood Field owned by the school district--meaning that the high schools in town already have their own stadium, Howard Wood Field.
          Yes, Howard Wood is owned by the Sioux Falls Public Schools and provides a home for the football teams and track teams from the three high schools. It also handles some fairly large crowds for marching band competitions.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
          X