Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Tourney

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Reloaded video, come back and OU is up by 12 again. with 4:41 to go.

IPFW isn't quite going to have enough.
    Nope but I've been entertained by the battle between the cheerleaders and the band talking smack to each other, well IPFW is anyway

Comment

Whoa....looked like Dane Fife and Greg Kampe had officials holding each other back...what was that about mango?
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Whoa....looked like Dane Fife and Greg Kampe had officials holding each other back...what was that about mango?
        I think it was about who the foul was called on when Plackemeier fouled out and the delay it caused because Plackemeier went back out onto the court, but I'm not positive.

Kangas just got helped off the court, Rowdy what happened I missed it

Comment

I missed it as well...reading different thread rather than watching video....

wtf...is it 70 to 67? or 57? (can't read the score very well)
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I missed it as well...reading different thread rather than watching video....

wtf...is it 70 to 67? or 57? (can't read the score very well)
            59 now

Comment

Oh ok, that would've been a nice little run by IPFW.

75-62 OU. Thats your final.

Comment

I, for one, am not to thrilled about the fact that our guys have to try to get shots up over Benson again.

Dude was a blocking machine last time out.

Should be a good game!

Comment

I was at the game and it looked like Kangas tweaked his ankle pretty good. He was going one direction and IPFW guy the opposite and they got twisted up. He was on the floor a couple minutes. Walked off on his own, but I'm sure its going to slow him down tomorrow night.

I'm really not sure what Kampe was thinking having any of his big 3 in the game at that time. I actually asked that question about 30 seconds before Kangas went down. When you have as short a bench as they do, I'd have had my big 3 on the bench if I was up 15 with 2 min to go.

Comment

I, for one, am not to thrilled about the fact that our guys have to try to get shots up over Benson again.

Dude was a blocking machine last time out.

Should be a good game!
                    But he's prone to foul trouble.

He walked right in front of where I was sitting last night. He's tall, but stick-thin.

Comment

I suspect Kangas will be fine . . . he was standing at the outside of a team huddle at the end of the game, after he tweaked his ankle.

And yeah, the thing with Benson is to go after him inside on the drive and hang fouls on him early, get him out of the game. Plus, that little baby hook that Cordova has is pretty difficult to block--it's a nice weapon to have.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, it's one thing to stand outside a team huddle, another thing to run up and down the court less than 24 hours after a sprain.

They're going to have to balance what they do with Kangas pretty carefully tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          On another note, is there a worse slogan than Oaklands "You Can Afford This" besides UMKC's "Get a Life"
                          For as hot as the OU dance team is the fans have some annoying cheers, like "you can't do that" on travels. "Who cares". give them the Wisc cheering ban.

Comment

does anybody know if there is a place where you can find a webcast of the press conferences?

Comment

I was also at the game last night and watched Kangas go down. It did not look that bad, but I was also at the game when Sargent went down and it did not look that bad 10 minutes after it happened and we all know the outcome of that. Kampe said in the Argus this morning Kangas couldn't walk on it.

IPFW did a really nice job on Kangas last night, but the 'Dons couldn't hit a shot to save their lives. Last I saw, they were just over 30% for the game. A lot of that is Benson and his presence. You can just see the difference in the lane without him. The other 6'10" guy isn't as much of a shot blocker, he just shoots the trey which is a whole other animal to deal with.

Oakland's really good, but if Kangas can't play that takes a very important element out of their game regardless of whether he is on or not plus he's an 85% plus free throw shooter which is obviously a big deal in close games. I really had a feeling he was going to blow up for a Ryan Miller or Australian dude from Metro State type of game in this tournament, just hopefully not against the Jacks.

Oakland was very balanced last night and played very well when Jones got in foul trouble and he's the leader. Benson's the key tonight. AC's gotta take it to him like he did in Brookings and get him into foul trouble and that opens up a lot for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                That's because the OU dance team is full of gorgeous young ladies.
                                I would love to see Oakland go home today in men's and women's 1. Because that means the men are in the title game and the women have an easier foe if they win and 2. I'm sitting right by their pep band/cheering section and that is getting annoying.

The best part about where I'm sitting when Oakland is playing is the significant amount of eye candy they brought along the sideline. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X